mommyoftwo Guest

Default Kids do (and eat) the strangest things!

My dd is the pickiest eater on earth. Her entire menu consists of milk, american cheese, yogurt (she spits out the fruit pieces), cheese pizza, crackers, and sometimes bread. We can't even get her to eat a cheese sandwich even though she will eat the bread and the cheese separately. We have tried everything to get her to try other foods. A couple days ago I tried to get her to eat pizza with green peppers and after one taste she absolutely refused. So tonight I open the fridge to get something to drink and she see a jar of pickles. She begs to have "a bite" so I figure what the heck, we want her to try new things. She is now eating pickles for dinner. *sigh* Well, at least she is eating something new. :)

Default RE: Kids do (and eat) the strangest things!

That is so funny. At least she is eating something green, too!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

ribbit1019 Guest

We struggle with a limited menu here too. I still offer her a variety, but she knows what she doesn't like. We waste a crazy amount of food here trying to get her to try new things.

Tonight for dinner we had pot roast, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. She spent more time smashing the peas between her fingers than eating. :)

Oh my DD love pickles too! Isn't that odd? Just wanted to let you know that you have company!

GL on expanding her tastes! :P

Christy
    Maddy born 6/09/04
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png

Little Man due 3/02/06
    http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png
    Co-Owner Ribbit Baby

Frogs are lucky, they eat what bugs them.

dotgirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The pickle thing is weird - DS is *convinced* that he wants to eat pickles. He's always asking 'Wan eat peekles', but when I give him a bite, he says 'Ick!' and hands it back to me. (I love that habit - the spitting it into his hand and giving it to me.)

- Penny
    DD: Britt (03/22/93)
    DS: Riley (11/04/03)

kboyle Guest

I have now considered pickles in the veggie group. It's green and it USED to be a cucumber...works for me :)

You know what works for me, I bribe DS1 with 1/2 an ice cream sandwich for dessert after dinner and it works almost everytime he won't eat. I've gotten him to eat fish (not breaded, not fish sticks, just a piece of fish broiled with oil, lemon & garlic, DH made it, even I wouldn't eat it, but DS did!), veggies (he HATES veggies of any kind, but will eat a whole plate and gag after every bite if he knows that he'll get ice cream), and hamburgers (he loves any ground beef except burgers, don't know why). It's pure and simple bribery, but it gets his tiny little self to eat, and....it's calcium & dairy :)

mommyoftwo Guest

I wish bribery would work, but she doesn't even like ice cream. I did get her to eat a cheese sandwich a bite at a time last week by giving her a french fry after every bite. I guess I forgot to list french fries on her menu. Hmm, maybe I should try that more often. She's not big into sweets so I can't bribe her with a cookie. She will eat them sometimes, but it's not really a big deal to her.

mommyoftwo Guest

Gosh, it's frustrating isn't it. I hear you on the wasting food thing. Drives me crazy, but we've got to keep trying. She was such a good eater when she was little. I don't know what happened.

mommyoftwo Guest

Amelia always asks for an apple, but she never does anything with it. Sometimes she will suck on the skin but if she actually bites through it, then she gives it back. Sometimes she'll see me eating something and say, "a bite, a bite" but when I get it close to her mouth, she pushes it away. She won't even let it touch her lips. She's always spitting out fruit from her yogurt though so I know what you mean about the nasty chewed food in the hand thing.