NancyJ_redo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default At what age do you need ticket for child for NBA game, Disney on Ice, etc.

We were just given tickets for an NBA game tonight and I'm wondering if we need a ticket for our 2 1/2 year old DS, what do you think? I tried looking on the NBA website but can't find anything.

Also, I was given tickets to see Disney on Ice (yep, very ticket-fortuitous this week :) ) and have the same question for that. I just wonder if they have a different policy since Disney on Ice is geared towards kids, whereas with an NBA game the child is just tagging along.

Thanks in advance!

SpaceGal is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: At what age do you need ticket for child for NBA game, Disney on Ice, etc.

Not sure if this helps but this past summer we took DS to a NCAA football game at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY. Well DS was a baby about 8 months old...anyways he would have been in his Bjorn but I didn't feel like bringing it since he's be sitting in my lap. The ticket person who rips the ticket was the old man and told me I needed a ticket for him. We were furious...especially seeing that the baby doesn't even take up a seat. Anyways, we went to the ticket counter and spoke to the rep there and they said babies that would be in a carrier or under 1 (maybe 2 but I can't remember for sure) don't need a ticket. Well long story short is we got in okay. But we think if the friends we were with had brought their toddler who had just turned 1 they might have had some trouble getting in much less keep the baby entertained to stay put.

I guess if you can call the venue and ask them for sure. Just to be safe. It's going to stink if you get all the way there and they turn you away.

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: At what age do you need ticket for child for NBA game, Disney on Ice, etc.

Call the venue to find out. It varies from venue to venue. For example, we went to the circus (got tickets from a friend, very last minute, but only 2) and the rule was kids under 2 on a lap were free. They didn't even blink at DD, although she was a little over 2 at thet time (I couldn't get another seat anywhere close to the other 2 or I would have bought one).

But, the University of Michigan football stadium requires EVERYONE regardless of age to have a ticket in hand or you don't get in the stadium. I think this is actually printed on their tickets.

Sarah
    Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

FWIW, Notre Dame appears to be the same as Michigan (one of the few times! :) ). If you can breathe, you need a ticket. I'd call each venue and find out the rules.

NancyJ_redo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the responses. I tried calling the venue yesterday but was on interminable hold, so I finally hung up. I googled and the closest thing I could find was the policy for the San Antonio Spurs, which said anyone 2 or older needs a ticket. I finally decided we'd go, and if we had to we'd just buy the cheapest ticket we could for DS and then have him sit on our lap in our original seats (my sister gave us $250 tickets each, 7th row up from the floor for the Lakers...gotta love her job sometimes!).

We got there late and were the only ones walking in the door at the time, the ticket takers didn't even hesitate to let us in with just 2 tickets, even though we had 2 1/2 year old DS and our 3 month old. And we had to show our tickets again to get to our seats, and again no one stopped us. It worked out great and was a lot of fun.

That said, I'm sure Disney on Ice will be different, I suspect there they'll insist our toddler have a ticket.