newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default First time away from DD :(

Oh boy.

DD is 9 months old. She has an ear infection and a fever.

The doctor say DH has either walking pneumonia or bronchitis.

I have some sort of a head cold, but am certain I feel much better than those two.

My parents live about 4 hours away and have never been a babysitting option for that reason. My dad had to come up for the airport/business trip and my mom not so slyly dropped hints to have dad bring DD home with him on his return.

DH and I discussed it. You would have thought he won the lottery he was so excited. Of course, every third sentence was something like, "you know I love her, right?" Then would go on into how it would be good to get a good night's sleep so he could heal, blah, blah, blah. Poor guy cracks me up sometimes.

I understand that this trip is a great thing. DD gets some great time with the grandparents. DH and I get to sleep. DD is not exposed to our germs. Grandparents have been begging for this opportunity to play with her (she is still incredibly happy when sick, we know we are insanely lucky). DH and I could focus on each other a little bit. It's probably good that she learns that others can take care of her (although she gets this from day care all day). And then, and then, and then. I get that this is a good thing, I really do.

But they just drove away and I'm boo-hooey. I thought getting it off my chest would help. Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders!
    Michelle

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: First time away from DD :(

Isn't it funny how in your mind you can almost look forward to the break, and then when they leave, the house is so lonely and empty ?!

When DS1 was 16 months, he and DH went up to new york, and I was going to join them in a week. I dropped them off at the airport and then bawled the whole drive home. All that peace and quiet I had dreamed of seemed awfully loud with all of my sobbing.

So, I can totally relate. Hopefully everyone will get healthy, relaxed, and rejuvenated.

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: First time away from DD :(

Thanks Lynnie. You got it to a "T"

I just got the phone call that they made it safe and sound and when my dad dropped DD off in my mom's arms she laughed and leaned for him as he walked out of the room. Then she did her wiggletush crawl all the way to the kitchen to go find him again (he's a little hard of hearing so didn't hear her laughing for him). My mom said she's now exploring the new surroundings!

Thanks!
    Michelle