Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    olwalker Guest

Default FlyLady vs. Motivated Moms? Which is better?

Has anyone ever heard of or "done" FlyLady or Motivated Moms? If so, can someone please help me decide which is the better tool to use? I don't really relish the idea of getting 20 e-mails a day from FlyLady, but I also think you have to pay for Motivated Moms... I'm not sure how much. No time to look it up this second. Anyway, can someone please make a recommendation? Thanks!

bunnisa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: FlyLady vs. Motivated Moms? Which is better?

I could not stand the insane number of emails from Flylady and unsubscribed immediately. But I've used a lot of the ideas, and they've really helped. I do NOT wear shoes in the house, though (I'm such a rebel!).

I think you can get most of the pertinent info from the website and skip the emails.

I don't know about Motivated Moms, sorry!

Bethany
    mom to one and one on the way!
    http://bd.lilypie.com/bS4om6/.png
    "And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
    -Justin Torres

olwalker Guest

LOL! :) I will not wear shoes in our house either. Easier to keep the carpet clean that way! Thanks!

I liked flylady a lot but the number of e-mails was crazy. What worked for me was to send certain ones straight to my deleted items so they didn't clutter up my inbox, Outlook and some other e-mail programs allow you to do this. It's easy because so many of the e-mails I wanted to delete have the same title so I just created a host of rules to delete e-mails saying "Put on your shoes!" and "5-minute boogie" (can't quite remember the exact titles, but you get my point). That way I could just get the reminders I wanted.

I noticed at one point that there is a yahoo group styled as flylady for working moms, which has e-mails more tailored towards that crowd - and probably fewer of them as well. I never tried it but that would be another option.

Haven't heard of motivated moms - sounds intriguing but I wouldn't be willing to pay for something like that unless it was my last option.

Laurel
    WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
    Baby Madeline 12/14/04

olwalker Guest

OK, for those that are interested, the website is:

motivatedmoms.com

I looked into it, and the charge is only $7 a YEAR. I think I am going to go ahead and check it out. I'm so scared of the flylady because of all the e-mails. I HATE e-mails unless they are from my friends! :)

I just wish they had a digital version that would download into my Outlook program instead of me having to print it out. Does anyone know of such a program?

Thanks!

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

one thing that helps with the e-mails is to only get a digest once or so a day. then, you can scroll through and read the ones you want.

or not, which is unfortunately what i do.