Default OT: IKEA twin beds

Do standard twin mattresses fit on IKEA twin bed frames or do you have to use their mattresses? I already have two twin mattresses, so I'm hoping to just use them. They seem to sell a thinner mattress that is supposed to be used for the top bunk. Specifically I am looking at their HEMNES twin bunk bed and their ROBIN twin with underbed, but any info is much appreciated. Thanks!

cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default RE: OT: IKEA twin beds

We have a twin Hemnes (a single though, not a bunk bed), and used a twin mattress we already had with no problem. Sometimes underbeds and top bunks do need a slightly smaller/shorter mattress. We got a foam mattress from Ikea (a mid-priced one one, not sure of the name but it started with F) for another bed and it does seem a bit smaller/shorter than regular mattresses, so that could work. It is still quite comfortable to sleep on though, I am happy to report. Sheets do tend to 'swim' on it, due to the smaller size.

Thanks so much for the info. I'll hold off on getting the Ikea mattress and see if the ones we have will fit. Great to know that a regular mattress will work in the Hemnes twin. :)

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

we have the Hemnes twin and we got a sealy twin mattress from Costco... it fits perfectly!!!!

~Tondi
    Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05