Default What should I write in a book for a baby shower?

One of my best friends is doing the thing where everyone brings their favorite book to her baby shower. I am drawing a blank as to what type of special inscription I can write inside.

Any help for a brain dead mommy??

TIA

Ashley

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: What should I write in a book for a baby shower?

I'm assuming they are your favorite children books? How about if you get a book that you have great memories about as a kid, and just write about how much the book meant to you as a child.

Or you can pick a favorite quote about children? Here's a link to some really good quotes:

http://www.wisdomquotes.com/cat_children.html

hth!

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

Default RE: What should I write in a book for a baby shower?

I don't know if it's too late, but whatever you do don't write, "I can't wait to tell you about the real 'birds and bees.' -From your Naughty Uncle Jack" as my SIL received in a Very Hungry Caterpillar book dedicated to her unborn son!

Ummm...so tacky. But that aside, SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people brought the same book that I'd wait until after the shower is over to write something in the cover. As it stood, she got 3 "Hungry Caterpillar"s, 2 "I Already Know I love You"s, 4 "Goodnight Moon"s, and 2 "Where the Wild Things Are." And since she's on modified bedrest for the duration of her pregnancy, there's no way she has time to return all of the duplicates...such a shame. Since we got my SIL one of the fourth "Goodnight Moons," we offered to take ours back and get her something else so she could build a more diverse library for her future son.

But that's just my 2 cents.

After that...something sweet like "I can't wait to read this to you in person. -Love, Auntie Ashley" would probably hit the spot.

Larissa

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.
    ~Elizabeth Stone