cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default tooth or cyst???? need dental advice?

Mia appears to be cutting a tooth....there is a white boney protrustion on on lower gum...near where her incisor would be coming in. She seems to have all the teething symptoms.....drooling, runny bm's, not so great naps. But she is only 12 weeks. My friend said it could be a gingival cyst or epstein pearl but according to online sources those are present at birth....she's well beyond birth....do is it really a tooth. She slept fine last nite and I gave her tylenol at around 10 am and she has been able to nap longer today....she still woke up crying about 20 min into her nap but she was able to go back to sleep. I didn't notice the tooth until last yesterday so she didn't have any tylenol yesterday and she napped poorly. TIA!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: tooth or cyst???? need dental advice?

I think the average is 6 months but I have seen babies as early as 3 months and as late as 15 months cut their first teeth. You just may have an early teether. When I was working as a dental hygienist I had a family that had twins the mother said the girl had 2 teeth by 4 months old but the boy was 9 before he got his first. Sorry she isnt feeling well.

Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

When DD was 11 weeks, everybody kept saying "Awww, she's teething." And we kept saying "Oh no, she's only 11 weeks." When she was 12 weeks the tooth came through. Ooops.

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DS got his first 2 teeth (bottom middle) the week before he turned 4 months. He will be eight months next week and is getting his top four middle all at the same time. I think I even saw a fifth one on the top ready to come in...poor kid!

Try some Orajel and see if that helps.

Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

My DS got his first teeth around 4.5 months....and they all came in very quickly after that. I think he had a full set (including molars) a bit after his first b-day. So I am just going to assume Mia is going to be a REALLY early teether.

We thought my daughter had one early and pointed it out to her doctor at her 3 month check up, ended up just being a cyst. I was putting orajel on it and everything!

Ann

Default how could you tell it was a cyst?

thanks!

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Becca had a cyst which we thought was an incisor coming in at about 2 months. It definitely wasn't there at birth, and she was doing typical teething behavior. It was whitish and round, which didn't seem quite the right shape for a tooth bud. At her 2-month visit, we asked the ped, who said it was a mucous cyst and would go away on its own. Sure enough, within a couple of weeks it just disappeared.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05

Want a penpal for your BBB kiddo? Send an email to:
    [email protected]

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My neighbor's DD had her first tooth come in at 12/13 weeks. She is now 16 months and her two year molars have started to come in. So it is possible that your DD is getting a tooth.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?