Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Another DISNEY WORLD question, is the DINING Plan Package worth it??

The Walt Disney World Dining Plan package is totally
    confusing me!! And, after reading past posts about Disney,
    there are conflicting opinions regarding the dining plan
    package.

What do you think???

Thanks so much for your help!! Can you tell that I'm a
    Disney World novice??
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

deenass is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Another DISNEY WORLD question, is the DINING Plan Package worth it??

IMHO, if you are staying on the property in a room without a kitchen (so that you will be eating 3 meals out) then yes, I think it iw worth it. Food prices at Disney are ASTRONOMICAL so this allows you to eat a full meal EVERY day (app, entree, dessert & beverage) and not break the bank. And if you think that you won't or don't need a full meal every day, you can trade in credits for certain restaurants/venues (Cinderella's Royal table cost two credits, Hoop Dee Doo Revue costs 2 credits). It also allows you to eat without nickel and diming yourself and since you are already paying a fortune to just be/stay at the park, it's kind of nice to not have to worry about the cost of something every time you eat.

I'm sure that there are dissenters, but I'm not one of them.

Default RE: Another DISNEY WORLD question, is the DINING Plan Package worth it??

ITA with the pp. If you are staying on property, it is totally worth it. DH and I stretched those meals out and we really enjoyed ourselves eating around the world at Epcot. You can even "save" some of the kids table services by paying for them (kids meals are usually cheaper) and then use their extras. There is lots of tips on the various Disney sites.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

I think it really depends on how you eat. DD only has so much happiness in her, so eating a 3 course meal doesn't do it for us. We usually eat breakfast bars in the room and have snacks packed throughout the day. We buy lunch and dinner, but we wouldn't get our money's worth out of it. When we were at WDW some people raved about it, and other people hated it. I think the key was to have your dinner reservations made far in advance.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02