Thread: Selnas Method

zins4me Guest

Default Selnas Method

Does anybody have any knowledge about or any experience with the Selnas Method of gender selection? I didn't pay any attention to this kind of stuff when becoming pregnant the first time. However, I was just paging through my Getting Pregnant book and I came across this subject and was shocked to see that the Selnas Method has a 96-98% success rate in conceiving the gender wanted. It's not cheap- around $400, but they do offer 100% money back guarantee to any couple who follow the method and conceive a child of the opposite gender.

cbm Guest

Default RE: Selnas Method

You may be interested in the following thread, it ran not too long ago.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...ng_type=search

zins4me Guest

Thanks for the link. I actually read this thread before I posted. It's not really sperm washing or Microsort that I'm curious about. The Selnas Method maps out times in a menstral cycle when the egg is electrically "charged" to attract either the X or Y sperm. They then map out the dates each month when you have the greatest chance of conceiving an X or Y sperm. It is not invasive at all, so that is why I'm interested.

Mommy_Again is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

are you thinking of the shettles method? It sounds like what you are thinking of. I just heard of this myself a few months ago and it is supposed to be freakishly accurate. I did a google search and this seems to be a concise summary:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/...es_Method.html
    DS 2003
    DD1 2009
    DD2 2011

If she is thinking about the Shettles method I don't know how accurate it is...

We used it "just for fun"; we figured it couldn't hurt so we'd give it a shot.

We were trying for a girl ;)!

ETA: Nope, (I Googled) the Selnas method and Shettle are two different things! But they sound kind of similar in terms of timing etc...

zins4me Guest

No, it's not the Shettles Method. It's really different compared to Shettles. I went to www.selnas.com and that automatically directed me to www.babychoice.com I'm sceptical about it, but the book I'm reading right now,"Getting Pregnant" by Lauersen and Bouchez say that it is pretty creditable.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a friend who tried the Shettles Method TWICE for a girl and is currently preggo with her second little boy! the Selnas method sounds interresting.... wonder if it works??? I'd be willing to try it if it really has that high of a success rate!

~Tondi
    Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

zins4me Guest

Yah, that's how I feel about it too. Why not give it a try if the success rate is that high and it's 100% money back if it doesn't work.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yeah... If they really will give you your money back, it's worth a try! Ultimatly I want a healthy baby but if I can skew it a bit and up my chances of having a girl then I'd do it!

Good Luck and if you do it keep us posted!

~Tondi