Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default The sweetest sound a mommy can hear...

...well a mommy working on PT, anyway ;)

Payton was playing in the living room while I was working on something. He left-- I thought to go get a book, which is he normally does around now on a Friday. The next thing I hear is a tinkle from the bathroom :) Yay! He went completely on his own!

Now, if I can just get him to take care of #2's on the potty, we'll be all set.

So, tell me, what's new and exciting and making you mamas and daddies proud today?!
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

newmomto3kids Guest

Default RE: The sweetest sound a mommy can hear...

Oh, I remember the first time each of my kids went off to the potty by themselves. It was such an awesome feeling. You should both be so proud :)
    Good luck with the rest of your PTing experience, you are off to a great start it seems!!

Congrats! If only training my DS had been that easy...

My own little mommy moment happened yesterday when I looked in the rear-view mirror and DS was holding DD's little hand across the backseat of the car. They were both just sitting there looking out the window and holding hands...sniff sniff.

Well congrats on that milestone. I can't wait for that day!

We usually eat dinner together as a family then DH takes Luke upstairs for a bath and puts him to bed while I clean up the kitchen. So I say good night to my little man downstairs. You know, give him a hug, say I love you and night-night. So a few nights ago, we go through this routine, then he says back to me, in his own way, "Love you" and makes an attempt at the "I love you" sign. Awwww! Melted my heart.

Jen

Mama to Luke (9/04) and Dex (5/06)

It's not been easy-- we're on month 5!

Your story is incredibly sweet. Makes my heart melt!
    Heather

I hope there's lots more "Love you"-s in your future :)
    Heather

Heather,

How wonderful! What a proud mama you must be! I know you've been doing the potty training thing for a while, just waiting for this day.

So far the cutest thing DS says is "banana", b/c that's the *only* thing he says (still, at 19 mo). But he says it so softly, it's precious. I can't even begin to imagine the day he says "I love you". I think my whole body will melt. :-)

Woo Hoo Heather!

~Carrie (miss seeing you @ work & in the cafeteria!)

There you are! I was wondering when I'd see you around here :) I miss seeing you around, too!!!!

And 'banana' is a great word! That 'I love you' will come soon!
    Heather

Yep, I'm here. I'm actually here every day (literally), I just tend to lurk more than to post. (Usually what I have to say has already been said.)

This board is so great... super-informative, great leads on deals, and plain old fun to read. It definitely keeps me pre-occupied now that I'm on bedrest. I've got a list of things to research on this board. If DH didn't know any better, he'd think "Baby Bargains" was a personal friend of mine w/a really odd first and last name b/c I'm always referring to it in my conversation about baby/kid gear.

~Carrie

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Woohoo! Go Payton! Well, three days ago, Kaya wandered into the bathroom while Daddy was in there on his potty. She actually asked for her insert (which was next to him), grabbed it, walked over to her potty, opened it, put the insert in, pulled down her underwear, sat down, and pooped and peed! Of course she's had "accidents" before and after since then (mostly poop, which she has trouble sensing), but we were very proud since she did it without even asking us.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ies/candle.gif for Leah
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...pphire_24m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catca...-6_Kaya+is.png
    Kaya will be a sister, ~11/14/06!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast