Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default My baby rolled over at age either accomplishment: Front to back or back to front

either accomplishment: Front to back or back to front

I'm just curious what range in ages to babies really achieve this and other milestones. DD is 7 months old (but 4 weeks early) and I'm trying to see if her not hitting this and the other milestones yet is more in the range of normal.

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: My baby rolled over at age

Front to back or back to front? My DD went a couple months between the two.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

either really, DD does neither

Default RE: My baby rolled over at ageeither accomplishment: Front to back or back to front

Jillian will be 7 months on the 20th and she was 3 1/2 weeks early, anyhoo, she rolled over from her back to her front at just around 6 months I believe (terrible I can't remember,LOL... I do have it written down somewhere) and I swore she would never roll over from front to back. Then one day around 2 weeks ago she was laying on the floor playing and just started rolling all over the place. Kind of made me laugh I thought she would be the only kid who could sit up unassisted but couldn't roll over.

Heidi
    Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

DD was a tummy sleeper so I believe that contributed to her being stronger.

DS actually started rolling back to tummy(he's a back sleeper) the week before 3 months. He could do both within a couple of weeks. I'm still amazed as I thought he'd be later than DD but he was actually quite a bit sooner. I think it's the testosterone. The kid is an ox.

I'm sure your doc has told you to adjust her age for milestones, etc. I'll let the more qualified ladies take over now...

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
    Last edited by Wife_and_mommy; 11-16-2010 at 12:22 PM.

mommyoftwo Guest

Default RE: My baby rolled over at ageeither accomplishment: Front to back or back to front

Well, my girls were definitely on the early side. Amelia was 4 weeks and Linnea was 6 wks when they could roll from front to back. From back to front was a least a couple more months. Both my girls were born being able to hold their heads up though, so I don't think they are the norm. I have a friend whose daughter sat really early and was pulling herself up to a standing position, but didn't learn how to roll over until a couple weeks ago at seven months. Linnea learned to crawl before she learned to sit. Every child does things at their own rate so I wouldn't worry about it too much yet especially since your dd was born early. BTW, call me today.

I think DS rolled over around 6 months, but not consistently until around 7 or so months. Although strong, he's been a little on the later end of motor skill type things. He didn't start sitting on his own (pretty well without tipping over!) until about 7 1/2 months--just started crawling at 10 1/2 months. I don't think he had a pincer grasp (could grab Os) until around 8-9 months.

I don't think I would've been so worried except that he is strong and people kept telling me he was going to rollover/situp/crawl/walk early. Gotta learn--ignore "people."

I don't actually know what the range is. I know DS was at the further end, but not sure how far the range goes. FWIW--DS was a bit early--two weeks, and although strong, he has a really long torso which I definitely think contributed to not being able to do some things sooner (like sitting up--he was too top heavy!).

Debbie

DS rolled over front to back at exactly 12 weeks. Back to front followed shortly thereafter. However, he hates being on his tummy, so while he *can* roll back to front, he usually only does it by accident (trying to get onto his side, and goes a little too far).

-Ry,
    mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
    and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32812.gif
    http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img]

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I voted 4 months. Marco rolled tummy to back at 4 months but has yet to roll from his back to his tummy and he is a little over 5 months now. I should add that he is a tummy sleeper which I think helped him to do this earlier than he might have otherwise.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
    Benjamin 8-03
    Marco 12-05

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

It was sometime before Toby was 3 months for 1 and then all the way/both a little later. I can't remember which on was first.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast