LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default iPod Question w/ Purchased Music

I just got a new (refurb from apple) U2 Version iPod. I've loaded all my songs onto it but it won't accept my folder of purchased nusic ~ purchased from iTunes. We did a work around by burning a CD and then reimporting it, but that defeats the purpose (to me) of the iPod.

I spoke w/ a genius today at the apple store that said something about "Deauthorizing" the computer. It worked on my iBook (i'd transferred my itunes to it just so i could bring it in) but now that i'm home it's not working. I've done "deauthorize", I've reformatted the ipod, etc. My iPod and iTunes software are both up to date!

Anyone else ever experience this? I called applecare tonight at 8:50 and my songs were transferring over so we hung up. They close at 9pm (ET) so by the time it finished and i realized it's still not working, it was too late!

Figures, the one night lately that DS doesn't give us a hassle about going to sleep!

Laura
    mom to William

LKibala @ optonline.net
    [img]http://b4.lilypie.com/vEOmm4.png

Use a Mac? Interested in learning more about them? Join us!
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-MacUsers/

npace19147 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: iPod Question w/ Purchased Music

We had similar issues when we got a new computer recently and I found some really helpful information at www.ilounge.com - apple has pretty bad customer support but a very informed group of customers who post there. If you do a search you might find some help!

I know I also saw some useful info in a recent issue of Smart Money, you might be able to find something on their site. Good luck, it took me a whole evening of trying to get mine resolved!
    Nancy, mom to

DD1 5/04 and DD2 3/07