DD has ringworm and it is being incredibly stubborn. It is much better since the ped changed her cream, but I want to know if I need to treat the house. When she was an infant, she had one little small spot on her belly that went away easily with treatment. This case is not so easy. The large area on her bottom is almost gone, but these little spots keep popping up on her bottom, thighs and groin area and I just keep putting cream on her.

We have a dog and I have an appt. with the vet Monday to have him checked. DD loves him and is always petting him, crawling into his beds, and playing with his food/water bowls. I don't allow her to play in his dishes or beds, but she gets in there before I can stop her. I take her away immediately, but she still has contact. The other possibility is that the previous owners of our house had cats. If the spores are in the house or yard, that could be the source. I am washing the dog's bedding and vacuuming today as a start since I have to work the rest of the week and can't do everything today.

Do I need to treat the house, lawn, linens, clothes, etc.? What do I use? I have only heard that bleach works, but I can't bleach the carpets and furniture (he's a small dog and gets up on the sofa with us). I know regular vacuuming is supposed to help (you have to throw away the bags immediately). If I vacuum the furniture would that work? I can use bleach on the tile floors then rinse later, but how do I treat the wood laminate floors?

Again, I don't know that the dog has it - no evidence of it - but the cats that were here before us have me wondering.

Thanks,