Default What The Heck Is Going On With DD Now?

DD was never a great sleeper until she hit about 12 months - she is now almost 17 months. We have our bedtime routine and she was doing great - put her in her crib, walk out and she'd go to sleep and sleep all night. The last 2 weeks have been getting progressively worse. She fights going to bed, but at least she would go to sleep. Now she fights it and won't go to sleep. The past 2 nights, she has rolled around in her crib, stood up, etc. for 1-2 hours and still isn't asleep (I do not go in during this time at all as long as she isn't upset). I finally go in and give her more milk as this seems to help settle her. It has been 10:30-11:00 before she gets to sleep. Then, she is waking up a few times during the night. Sometimes she will go back to sleep herself, but sometimes I have to give her milk or bring her out to let her see that there is nothing going on in the house. Last night (3:00am), she wanted to come out to the family room - I just let her do it because otherwise she screams. She got a book, I let her look at it, then told her it was time to go back to bed. I put her in bed with no crying or fighting and she finally slept the rest of the night. She had a fever for a few hours yesterday, but by the evening she was fine - no fever/no illness. I thought it was teething, then the fever made me think she was getting sick, but she is fine today. Besides, this has been going on for a couple of weeks.

The only new thing is an attempt to switch her to whole milk. She was on Nutramigen until 12 months, then toddler formula until 16 months. I had her up to 1/2 milk, 1/2 formula. Can whole milk make your DC hyper? It's like she's not the least bit sleepy even when I put her to bed at the beginning of the night. She shows no signs of discomfort or problems with the milk otherwise. She actually has less gas now than she did when she was strictly on formula.

Sorry this is so long, but wanting to know if this is normal toddler behavior and what I need to do to get my baby to sleep again - I miss those nights when she'd sleep 11 hours!

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: What The Heck Is Going On With DD Now?

I think it is teething as a slight fever is common from what I understand. We have been having a few difficult bedtimes here also, and I am pretty sure it is due to teething.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Default RE: What The Heck Is Going On With DD Now?

I'm hoping that's all it is and not a bad habit that is developing. My concern is that she wants to be up and playing. Before with teething, it was like she was miserable because she wanted to be asleep, but couldn't. Now, it's like she couldn't care less about being asleep!

BTW, her fever was higher than 102 (sitter didn't leave thermometer in - once she saw 102, she knew it was too high and called me). I don't know that teething would cause a fever that high. Who knows with these little ones and all their changing all the time?!?!