DD has a hepatic hemangioma (basically a vascular birthmark on her liver). She is fine but it needs to be monitored periodically via ultrasound. So, the last ultrasound was about 7 months ago and I ended up having to nurse her to distract/calm her so that she would be still enough for them to get a good "shot" of her liver. Well, now I am no longer nursing and I have NO idea what I am supposed to do to help her get through this! It's not painful or invasive, but I know she will freak out, cry, wiggle all over, etc. She isn't old enough to understand that it's okay. She doesn't take a bottle or pacifier (sucks her fingers, and I can't make her do that unless she wants to!). Do you think I should try a popsicle? I seriously do not know what I am going to do about this. Anyone been through something similar? She's been through a catscan and had to be sedated for that, and did alright, but it's not their normal protocol to sedate for ultrasounds, and it was a difficult experience for me to go through (the sedation process, I mean). I don't know what can be done. Anyone?