Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Fever with no other symptoms?

DD has had a fever of 101/102 for the past 3 days with no other symptoms. I took her into the dr. on Friday just to rule out ear infection before we got to the weekend and her ears were clear. She's acting and eating pretty normal, just a little more tired than usual.

Has anyone's child had this before? I suppose it's some virus, but it seems so odd.
    Lisa
    Emma 11/02
    Adam 2/07
    Their hands may be small but their feelings are just as big as ours.

Default RE: Fever with no other symptoms?

Hi Lisa,

Poor little chickie. I hope she's on the mend soon.

That does seem odd, but like you said, could very be some virus.

No other symptoms that might indicate UTI?

Jill
    DD 2004
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2014 finally!

Hmm, I hadn't thought about a UTI. She doesn't seem to have any signs - no complaints of pain while going and it's not cloudy or dark. I will definetely be keeping an eye out for it though.

Lisa
    Emma 11/02
    Adam 2/07

jayali Guest

I hope your little girl is feeling better. We have had a few of "those" viruses. Sounds like it could be Roseola. Once the fever breaks then usually a small bumpy rash breaks out. DS had his on his belly and shoulders. Other then the temp I can't remember any other symptoms. I am hoping that it is not the dreaded Coxsackie. DS only had fever as symptoms, but some kids get it really bad. Also, could be strep. DS never has a sore throat, but presents with fever and a slight rash on his shoulders when he has strep.

Probably nothing to worry about. My pediatrician, whom I love, love, love, once told me that they usually don't worry about a temp, but the behavior that goes along with it. So if she is not terribly cranky I guess it is just one of those yucky viruses. If it continues you may want to get a quick strep test.

Hope she is well soon.

tina-t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My son just had the same thing! We took him to the ped. and his ears were clear also. The ped. said that it could be an adenovirus and to just wait it out. He had 2 days of fevers up to 103 and 4 more days of fevers in the 100's and it went away. He did not have any other symptoms too.

Hope your little one feels better.
    Christina

Mom to 2 little ones

anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It was roseola with us too. She broke out in a rash a day after the fever broke. And she was way *cranky*. We did have her checked for UTI though - not fun since they had to use a catheter.
    Hope your DD feels better soon.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

It's the wierdest thing, she's acting totally normal - playing happily and eating fine. She does look tired, but that's the only thing. I'll be keeping an eye out for a rash here in the next few days. I really hope it's not Coxsackie, it's been going around here so I'm a little nervous about that.

Thanks for the well wishes!!
    Lisa
    Emma 11/02
    Adam 2/07

Thanks! I think I'm going to bring up the UTI on Monday if she still has a fever, just so we can rule that out. Hopefully since she's potty trained getting a sample should be pretty easy, I can't imagine having her get a catheter put in - she would freak out! How scary for your DD!
    Lisa
    Emma 11/02
    Adam 2/07

It's so scary when they have a fever for more than a couple of days and you don't know what's going on.

I'm sorry your little one was sick also. Thanks for the well wishes!
    Lisa
    Emma 11/02
    Adam 2/07

kimbe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The same thing happened to us and it was Roseola. Boy oh boy did that STINK!!!! DD had a fever for 5 days and then broke out in a rash. I was never so happy to see a rash in my life! She was totally normal until the day before the fever broke. Hmm, she was horribly cranky on Saturday, the fever broke very early AM Sunday morning and then she broke out in the rash and was cranky the rest of the day.

I hope that she feels better soon --- so you get to stop worrying. Fevers with no symptoms stink!
    Kim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast