Default Honeybush tea and pregnancy

I bought some Celestial Seasonings Peach Apricot Honeybush tea since it is decaffeinated to drink while I am pregnant. I've had it twice, but then realized I should probably make sure it is safe to drink while pregnant. I did a search on the internet and couldn't really find anything definitive. Does anyone know if honeybush is ok to drink while pregnant or if there is a reason not to? There's no warnings on the box or anything, but I just wanted to be sure before I drink it again. TIA.

mldflygirl Guest

Default RE: Honeybush tea and pregnancy

I can't say FOR SURE, but I think I remember checking on it when I was pregnant, and it was safe. (Actually, I think it was the process of elimination... it wasn't listed on ANY "un-safe" list that I looked at.)

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll give my OB's office a call just to make sure. I'm sure it's fine, but it's a quick phone call and then I won't be wondering.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

HOnestly, when I was pregnant, I just avoided all tea except regular caffienated black iced tea from Starbucks three or four times total. I just didn't want to take any chances, and the stuff I really wanted was the black Starbucks, anyway, so I just had it in Grande a few times and that was that.

I also avoided pretty much all fish cuz none of my docs could agree on the definitive mercury-laden fish list. So, out went the fish.

And the soft cheese.

And sex.

I digress.