Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Anyone know current mileage reimbursement rates for driving?

I recieve 44.5 cents per mile which is the current IRS rate (dropped down from 48 I think right after Hurricane Katrina).

Frankly, I have the hardest time writing down all my miles so if anyone has a good system for that, I am all ears. I almost ALWAYS forget to log the trip and then I don't want to overestimate. So I figure I am getting reimbursed for less than 1/2 of the driving I actually do for my work.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Can you go back and mapquest the distance that you drove? Would that help?

Caroline
    mommy to Kaylin 6/5/04

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/bunbunadb20040605_-9_Kaylin+is+now.png[/img][/url]

and one on the way, due 2/26/07

starrynight Guest

Mariah, I can't remember are you Active or Reserves? Dh is active duty and I know we get more than 15 cents a mile on pcs. I think it's .29 but I don't remember. Not much more but it's something, plus the per person food/lodging and we always end up with a decent chunk to offset moving. We have never had to pay out of pocket for pcs travel, it's always been reimbursed through dla.

TDY is more than pcs usually, I remember that was .50 but it's been 2 years since he went tdy for anything.

OP, my mom is a nurse and gets reimbursed for mileage (traveling health nurse) and it's .40.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2