Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anyone know current mileage reimbursement rates for driving?

If you or your DH drives a lot for work, or if you have other knowledge of this, what are current accepted reimbursement rates per mile for driving your personal vehicle for work?

Years ago, I seem to recall submitting travel vouchers for 30 something cents a mile. I just read something for some contract work I am doing that said 49 cents a mile. Seemed high to me, but then gas is high. Anyone know?

Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Default RE: Anyone know current mileage reimbursement rates for driving?

Hi there! My DH sometimes drives his personal car for work and he gets 40 cents/mile. It was 25 cents for a while, but got bumped up last year because of rising gas prices. He does work for a small company, though, not sure if there is a national standard or anything. HTH!

-Sarah

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DH gets 40 cents per mile also...glad you posted this he needs to get his expense report done!

OOPS stand corrected (when I called to make sure he DID the report) His company does 43.5/mile
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

It's either 47 or 49 cents per mile at my consulting firm - they always raise it to the IRS allowed mileage rate.

Yes, only a short while ago, it was in the 30's. They increased it when gas prices skyrocketed.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

MMEand1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

WOW!! I'm looking at what you mama's are getting reimbursed for per mile and I am very envious! We are military and are moving next week and I just found out yesterday at my finance briefing that we get 15 cents per mile! I could only wish for 49 cents!
    Mariah P.

When my DH travels TDY for the military he gets 0.37-0.50/mile for POV travel, I believe, depending on the calculated average gas prices of the region/cost of living, etc. Or, he can take a standard fee, or he can claim gas receipts he puts on a gov't credit card, but he doesn't get all three.

Larissa
    "We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us--they help us learn to endure." Rom 5:3

Praying for my little bean to keep growing, edd may 2nd
    Thank GOD! Our #s are doubling! Keep it up, baby!

You can find it out on the IRS website. Whenever the IRS raises it's rate, DH forwards a link to the accounting office so that they will raise the reimbursement rate.

-Sonia
    Mommy to Martie
    & Li'l Bunny to come Feb. 2007

MMEand1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We are in CA and were just told that the PCS milage is .15/mile! Someone asked about the gas prices and we were told that it is DFAS in Colarado that determines the price and it has been fought, but they are sticking to the 15 cents a mile. Perhaps TDY is different...
    Mariah P.

Here's the link to the 2006 IRS standards:
    http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...151226,00.html

HTH!
    Jessica

Well, PCSes usually receive other forms of reimbursement, so I'm sure it's different than TDY. Also, the Army may be different from the Navy, and moreso commands with deeper pockets are willing to go above/beyond the norm and label it as other related traveling expenses to take care of their troops. And rank may or may not play a factor in that, too. One time while talking to a bunch of DH's coworkers I commented that I'd never heard of a weight limit for moving/PCSing inter-CONUS, and as it turns out there are different allowances for officers (which is what my dad was during all our moves) vs. my DH and our friends, who are NCOs.

Hope this move isn't too much of a hardship for you! Sometimes people really get shafted. :(

Larissa
    "We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us--they help us learn to endure." Rom 5:3

Praying for my little bean to keep growing, edd may 2nd
    Thank GOD! Our #s are doubling! Keep it up, baby!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast