Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    s_gosney Guest

Default RE: A tribute to my grandma

Jessica, I'm so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and your family and for some way to open for you to be able to make it to her funeral. Hugs to you.

I'm so sorry, Jessica. It sounds like your grandma was a truly special person.

On a completely other note, you mentioned your hospital bills. Medical bills work differently than other bills. As long as you pay on them (even $5 at a time) your bill is in good standing and cannot be put into collections or reflected on your credit. Medical bills appear differently on your credit report. They come and the end and show that they are medical in nature. I received some good advice from a loan officer about this, she said they pay almost no attention to these bills because they are frequently a result of insurance problems and are not legitimate debts. My purpose for saying all that is, save your money with the hospital bills! pay $5 on each of them and let them go another month...it will be OK. I hope you guys can figure out a way for you to get there.

big hugs!

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute.

-Ry,
    mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
    and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34550.gif
    http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img]

Oh I am so terribly sorry for you.
    It sounds like she was such a special woman, I have no words to express my sadness for you.
    I lost my grandmother in April, & it hasn't gotten much easier yet. I try to do things in her memory, and I think about her & talk to her very often. But I miss her so much. I don't think that will ever change, maybe just lessen in intensity.
    Try to focus on what a beautiful legacy she left, and how special it was for her to meet her great granddaughter. She certainly had a long, full life.
    I know it must be an agonizing decison, but if there's any was you can make it to the funearal, I think it would really bring you closure. Can DH stay home with the girls so at least you go?
    There is comfort in being with your family at a time like this, for the closure of the funeral & to actually mourn & focus on her death.
    I feel like proper grieving allows you to say goodbye in your heart, and move on in some measure.
    I am getting all choked up, so I just want to end off by saying that my grandmother was pretty sick at the end. I take comfort in remembering that she's out of pain now, & I cherish the older memories of times we had together when she was healthier & I was much younger. I remember her coming to stay with us when my brother was born, making us Wheatena for breakfast..... her last few months were so difficult for her, although she never complained.
    Thanks for allowing me to share a bit of my grief & memories, and I really wish you peace & healing. You will never forget her, & you will pass on stories of her life to your girls.
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

Scsigrl Guest

Wishing you peace at this very hard time.

brownlesa Guest

Very sorry to hear of your loss! My thoughts are with you and your family.

Leslie

tarynsmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is to lose a loved one. Many hugs to you, and thank you for sharing your beautiful tribute.
    Heather, mommy to Taryn, January 16, 2006. And Baby Asher! Born February 25, 2009.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician in Pittsburgh PA.

Interested in wearing your baby in the Pittsburgh Area? Check out Pittsburgh Babywearers at www.pittsburghbabywearers.com!

Jessica,

Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful, beautiful lady. I am so sorry for your loss.

jennifer_r is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Jessica,

Your grandmother sounded like a very special person who touched everyone she knew. I am so sorry to hear about your loss and am sending warm thoughts and hugs your way.

Take care.

Jennifer

Mom to:
    Christopher 12/29/89
    Adelaide 8/23/04
    Bronwyn 11/9/05

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif[/img][/url]

Lovingliv is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Jessica,

Crying with you. That was a beautiful tribute to a wonderful woman. You were certainly blessed with having her in your life. May memories comfort you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast