Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Dare I even post...Holiday wish lists?

The shopping thread in Around The House made me start my holiday wish list for DD and myself. Does anyone else have a list going? What would you like this year? What are you getting other people?

Two years ago, I had a written list for DD, DH, and myself that I could refer to when a relative asked what we'd like for Christmas. It worked out so well! I was able to give people some ideas of things to get and it was easy for me and the gift giver. I forgot last year and people said that we were hard to shop for, so I'm going to try the list again. Oh, I also try to jot down things that I think that friends/family might like so I have some ideas when I actually go shopping.

My wish list so far:

Crossover tee & lounge pants set from Hanna Andersson

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35774.jpg

Stacking wire (or other material) baskets for fruit/veggies that don't go in the fridge

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Dare I even post...Holiday wish lists?

I have started thinking along these lines also. A new digital still camera, and a memory card for our digital video cam would be nice. I'd like a new pair of snow boots for walking (though I will most likely get those before the holidays).
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

He just asked me today...

I have some specifc jewlery and also some sort of "large, leather, non-hideous looking but did I say very large" tote-type bag...Also a DVD set, also some books.

I have gotten to the point that I just ask for gift certifs. MIL does not shop until the week before XMas and given that they live out of state, I usually give her a catalog list. Well, everything is sold out by then, so a gift certif covers it. It's also very easy on my brother. DH gets catalog pages with things circled so he has a "chance to succeed at gift giving". He always does very well:-)
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Oh, I already know what I want,lol. :)

A extra large frying pan (All Clad)
    A good paring knife and another Santoku knife (Wusthof)
    A big enabled cast iron french oven
    A new really big and nice cutting board
    (when did I get so domestic?)
    And a new pair of Nikes so I can get back to running

I always give DH underwear and golf stuff. Then I try to come up with other things that are more "special". I think this year I'll get him a new chair for the office, something really nice.

My mom gets a gift cert. to the book store every year. I've been doing that forever. Now she also gets something cute from the kids.

The rest of the family (except for the kiddos), I always decide last minute. I do some of my best gift giving when I'm under pressure. :D

It's terrible, but I really haven't thought about what I want--my mind always goes back to DD. Off the top of my head, I want:

A new purse
    the Sesame Street DVD (for me.really.)
    Borders $$
    the Cook's Illustrated cookbook

DH wants a chest freezer and he needs a nice stethescope once he graduates in Dec--that'll be his graduation gift. I'll post that thread, looking for suggestions, later!

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm still waiting for my b-day present. That was in July.

Not holding out hope for an anniversary gift (November). Christmas is laughable.

Sigh.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

ribbit1019 Guest

Well, I need a new pair of sneakers so that sounds good.

GC's sound like a good thing to ask for since I really need some new clothes. Hardly anything fits me and I go back to work in two weeks, yikes.

A new digital camera, or the one we have repaired.

A new watch.

Christy
    My Waterbabies
    http://lilypie.com/pic/060928/Yw0w.jpg http://b3.lilypie.com/0vphm4.png
    http://lilypie.com/pic/060928/iBmU.jpg http://bf.lilypie.com/uy3Mm4.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Other/jump.gif

MonicaH Guest

Oh, just a few things so far...

For me: nice boiled wool slippers from Garnet Hill
    a cd player alarm clock, and it must have an hour and a minute button for setting the times, I am sick of scrolling through 23hrs 30 min just to set my alarm for 30 minutes earlier

For DH: a pepper mill, maybe a matching salt mill w/sea salt

For DD: a kinderzeat, and a few smaller things, and probably a family membership to somewhere

I have decided to be extremely specific in my requests to my mom/MIL this year to minimize things I don't really want or need. Nothing like moving to force you to re-evaluate the necessity of your possessions! Plus we might be a little short on cash this year so should keep it simple.

Monica

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I want my husband to observe our no gift rule this year. And not sneak around it by giving me a big happy December 17th present. We are taking a vacation this month and another trip in February. That is where the present $$ should go :) And he totally surprized me with a new set of rings at the end of September. As I would rather not have no savings after the vacations and that pesky college tuition is paid for, I might actually get totally annoyed if he gets me anything larger than a CD.

I never tell other people what to get me anymore, as I know what I will get, regardless of what I ask for:

-Mom and Dad will go in together on a spa gift certificate and then my mother will want to have something to wrap so she will buy me something insanely random like a Law and Order board game.

-My out of town relatives will send checks which I will then fabricate presents that I bought with the money for each thank you letter and have to be careful to not thank them for buying me the same thing for the second year in a row. In reality, the money will be split between savings and school books. "Thank you Uncle Fergie for the generous gift. I will think of you every time I crack open my new 'Delving Deeper into Managerial Accounting Fundamentals for Finance Majors that despise Accounting book. I hope that you are doing well."

-My MIL will send me an outfit that is purple or some other color not on my list of colors to wear which will be about 5 sizes too small. Maybe she has not realized that I have gained weight in the last three years, but regretfully her failure to notice does not make the extra pounds fit into my old size. Rounding out the fun will be something scented, some food to assist me in my goal of gaining even more weight and some sort of gift card or check. And it will all be accompanied by a letter wishing that we would come and spend Christmas with her and her nutty new husband.

-J's grandparents will dig around in their basement and give me something that I will have to research to figure out what it is. There will be a price tag from 1978 on this item.

-My friends will all bring me enough homemade food and wine products to get really fat and really wasted. Some how our no gift rule gets eradicated by little gift baskets with homemade cheese or norwegian cookies or homemade beer or random wine. I will then rush out and try and reciprocate with bottles of port or homemade bagels. It is a vicious cycle.

-T will give me a hug and a kiss. :)

So long as my MIL does not send more puppets, I will be ok. :P
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast