Default How do you remove playdoh from carpet???

Any good ideas???? Since it was pouring rain during DD's first birthday party yesterday...I thought I had the great idea of setting up a playdoh station with 24 different play doh cans and cookie cutters on cardtables in our older daughter's room for the bigger kids. On the plus side...it was a big hit and they loved it! :) On the flip side there is a colorful rainbow of ground-in play doh spots on DD's cream Berber carpet in her room. (Tip for next time: insert drop cloth under the tables). Does anyone have any hints for removing playdoh from carpet???? Thanks in advance.
    Heather:

Mommy to DD (2005) and DS (2007)

Default From the Playdoh website

Don't know if it works, but here is what they suggest...

How do I remove PLAY-DOH compound from carpet, upholstery or fabric?

When attempting to remove PLAY-DOH compound do NOT use hot water or cleaning solutions of any kind.

To remove PLAY-DOH compound from carpet or fabrics, allow it to dry completely, and then loosen with a stiff brush. It may be necessary to vacuum clean or wash with gentle soap and cold water.

You may need to repeat the process in order to completely remove the PLAY-DOH compound.

http://www.hasbro.com/playdoh/defaul...age=faq#remove

Goodluck.
    Danielle, Mom to Alex, 12.03.01 and Brian, 7.27.03

himom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: How do you remove playdoh from carpet???

We had this problem this week too. Scraping and vacuuming repeatedly didn't work.

Finally, I shot some Oxyclean on it and walked away to get a towel to blot with. By the time I got back, all the Playdoh was gone! I guess it melted. It looks great now.

HTH!

Thank you both for your replies...going to go work on it now.
    Heather:

Mommy to DD (2005) and DS (2007)

I can't help you in getting the ground-in Playdoh off the carpet, but I can share my experience with having large stains on our carpet from some of the molding clay stuff (from Crayola, I think) that had gotten smooshed into the carpet. The clay had gotten under a rocking chair and we didn't realize it until weeks or months later. I shot some "Red Juice" I use from thecleanteam.com and then used their heavy-duty "toothbrush" that they sell to scrub it. All of the stains came completely off of DS's cream carpet that way--I was amazed! (BTW, I've also used that "red juice" to successfully remove other types of stains from carpet and fabric.)

Good luck with your carpet!