Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: "Usborne Books" Legit business opportunity or scam?

In multi-level marketing, if someone signs up under you, you get a large on-time cash bonus and not much else. If that recruit fails or succeeds, you don't care, because you got your money and you won't get much else.

In network marketing, if someone signs up under you, there is no big cash bonus. Some companies may provide something small (my company gives me 25 catalogs). What you care about is the success of that recruit. If the recruit fails, you get nothing. If the recruit succeeds, then you are awarded with commission overrides and other bonuses.

In MLM, you just sign people up. In Network Marketing, you help them succeed.

I am not familiar with Usborne's policies, but I know that several of the others you mentioned work more in the network marketing concept.

~ deb
    DS born at home 12/03
    Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/sty...onths-bfar.jpg

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Don't know about the earning part but DS preschool just had a book fair and we love the ones we got, very educational!

Dcclerk is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for the clarification! You are absolutely right that the company I did work for follows more of the network marketing method down to the use of the word "override."

amp Guest

Haven't worked for them, but have lots of the books and love them! I think it's really just like any other home show business and is fairly well known.

I just attended an Uborne Book party and bought DD a bunch of books for the holidays. They are adorable! Seems legit to me.

Hi Tracy. I've been an Usborne consultant for about two months. Yes, we are a legitimate company. A networking marketing one as Deb mentioned and the leading supplier of children's educational books. The books do sell themselves as others have mentioned. However, you've got to work to get them in front of people. Free free to contact me privately if you'd like.

Gina

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don't know about the buying/selling of the books, but the school I used to teach in uses the Usborne series in our Litteracy Collaborative program.

They were very good for teaching reading skills, and I plan to get them for DD when the time comes.

HTH,
    Molly

I've never heard of Usborn Books. Can you tell me more about them?
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

>I've never heard of Usborn Books. Can you tell me more about
    >them?

Candy,

Usborne Books is a British Company (www.usborne.com). Educational Development Corporation (EDC) has the rights to distribute/publish Usborne Books in the US. EDC has a publishing division and a home business division. The publishing division sells books to retail outlets. The home business division has the independent consultants who do home shows and book fairs. This division also has educational consultants who sell to libraries and schools. You can find out more by visiting the EDC website (www.edcpub.com).

Gina

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. I've decided to go for it. Hopefully, I will be able to earn a little pocketmoney while earning free books.
    Thanks,
    Tracy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast