Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default how did it go

wondering if you went for it and how did the usborne experience go for you

happymomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It is legit! I know a few people that does this and we love the books.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

It's legit. I am an Usborne books consultant. I'm not that active right now b/c I've been so busy with my kids (and they are not school aged yet), but I will say that the company is well run and professional. They treat their consultants well and the product is fantastic. The books really do sell themselves and once you get more familiar with your product, it's very easy to help clients figure out which books would suit their childrens' needs.

With that being said, if you live in an area, like where I live, and ppl aren't very literate, nor do they really care to buy a high quality product (ie: those who would prefer to just to go walmart to get a book with Dora the Explorer splattered all over it), it can be difficult to get your business up and going. I kind of ran into this problem, although I did have a niche group of clientele that would keep coming back to me. I haven't put much effort into getting new clients, so right now I only put in a couple of orders a yr when ppl contact me and are interested. I know many consultants who are very successful, but they live in areas with a population that appreciate books and one that isn't as rural as where I live and they also do things like hold book fairs for schools, conferences, train shows, etc.. As with any other business, your success often depends with how much work you put into it. Overall though, I have nothing but positive things to say about the company. They really try to help you to succeed and the training that you get is very good.

When my kids start school full time, I may consider doing more with my Usborne business again. Oh and of course the benefit to being a consultant is that you can get awesome books for your own family for a discount. I am a book addict, which is what drew me to Usborne to begin with, my children love the books and can't get enough. They are very nicely done, educational, there are no commercial cartoon characters (ever noticed that the Scholastic book sales are splattered with tv cartoon characters?), the books are high quality, printed on very nice paper with a selection of bindings AND if you buy your books from a consultant, we also offer a 1/2 price replacement guarantee if something happens to one of your books (ie: kids drop it in the toilet, etc), we will replace your book for half price. I have never been too keen on hostess parties until I discovered Usborne books, it's perfect for those who value books and promoting literacy to their children. I also feel that since the books come in a variety of prices, it is an affordable, "home" party type of product. Some home parties, the products are just so expensive, I think it really limits your clientele.

OK, sorry for sounding like a commercial. If any of you have any questions, feel free to post here or feel free to PM me and I will try to answer them. I did a lot of research before I signed with Usborne and was very surprised with how happy their consultants are with the company. If you watch carefully, they have different priced bundles for new consultants every month. I recommend getting in cheap (I think I signed up during a month when the consultant pkg was less than $30), but I believe Jan and Feb is when they have their big pkg for 1/2 price. If you would like to get a large sample of books, instead of trying to build up your display samples on your own, then this is the time to sign up. They only offer this special in Jan and Feb or if you can find a brand new consultant, if you sign under them during their orientation period, they can also offer you that deal. Otherwise, the monthly sign up kits are usually smaller bundles, but IMO very affordable.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3