kayte is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Best place to buy a new kitchen faucet?

Is it at places like Home Depot or Lowes ? Or specialty shops? Or find it in person and buy it online?

Our kitchen faucet has a build in LCD to display the filter settings. It has finally given out and it's over 100 to replace it. We figure we can get a different faucet (without the annoying LCD) for that...

TIA

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Best place to buy a new kitchen faucet?

I found Lowes to be the cheapest on the particular faucet we got, plus they would install for $99 (required soldering and new shut off valves, not just hooking up supply lines). If you find something in stock, the big stores are usually cheapest. If it is something special order, you can usually get them cheaper at a plumbing supply co. Our shower valve/head set was over $100 cheaper at a plumbing supply than Lowes or HD. Since we were already paying a plumber installation didn't come in the picture.

Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

At our old house we did a mini kitchen overhaul (new countertops, sink, faucet primarily). We found a faucet we liked at Lowe's or Home Depot, and then searched ebay. We got it at a significant savings. It might be worth a look. There was absolutely nothing wrong w/ it.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

We got our pull out kitchen faucet from American Standard (w/ fixed spray and standard aeration) at Home Depot for $89 w/ a 10% discount. I haven't been impressed with the quality of its fit & finish, but the company has been great about sending out replacement pieces. Last year we got an entire new faucet head b/c the finish kept staining. It was relatively easy to re-install, but I'd just as well have preferred to get a brand that wouldn't have had all the problems to begin with. They've redesigned my particular faucet for 06/07, but next time I'm going w/ Moen or Kohler.

I would NOT recommend HD's house brand Glacier Bay. We upgraded all of our bathroom faucets with what we thought were very nice mid-priced faucets and they've squeaked when turned on, lost their knob pieces continually, and had an uncleanable spotted finish for the past 3 years. Steer clear!

kayte is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for the suggestions. We just back from Lowe's and got a price pfister faucet. I am off to help DH install it!