Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: 3 Things about you...

I'll play.

A. My screen name is Bisous which is the last half of a popular written greeting in French. I lived there for 1.5 years and never tired of receiving hand-written notes that were signed "Gros Bisous" which translates directly to "Fat Kisses".

B. Okay. This is a little embarassing. IRL I am generally very well liked and perceived by all kinds of different age groups. I am friendly, nice, and well-educated. This has become a sort of weird curse. First of all, I had to teach myself to be outgoing as I am naturally very shy. I am not very good about following up with social engagements because more than superficial talk is actually intimidating to me. Also, because my first impression is usually so good, I'm always disappointing people. I always compare it to the perception/reality of my sister who is truly the best person I have ever met. She doesn't stand out in a crowd and really calls very little attention to herself. But anybody that gets a chance to know her will agree that she has the most integrity, is the best friend, the most fun, smartest, and most humble at the same time person that they have ever met. I would much rather be THAT kind of person. YKWIM?

C. I love to read. I love museums, nature, travel. I love to be in school. It doesn't matter what the lecture is about if it is teaching something I don't already know, I will sit rapturously for hours. I guess I'm actually a pretty big nerd. :)

Jen

i've always wondered about your sn. i minored in french in college and your sn always makes me smile!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

a) I "stole" my brother's favorite animal-the elephant and I collect them. I kind of wish I didn't because in some ways they're clutter but I do really love elephants-I grew up in Africa and they're kinda a little lost part of me. I formed this name for Ebay and have used it ever since. Meg is my nickname that only a few ppl call me, but which is gaining popularity at work :) Meg is the social, confident Margaret.
    b) Quiet but friendly maybe? I'm just now coming out of my shell in social situations. At work I am very confident, assured and friendly, and more sympathetic of children and parents now that I'm a mom. Ppl at work will also say that I'm very gung ho about supporting BF!
    c) Read, scrapbook, stamp, watch mindless TV (so much so that we don't have cable partly cause its $$ and partly because I know I wouldn't get anything done! I watch TLC at the gym and love, love, love to visit ppl who like to watch food network. There, I've confessed that I'm looney! But ya'll already knew that, right?
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks! See I've always liked screen names like yours that include your name. It makes me feel like I "know" you better. :)

a. What does your screen name mean?
    When I was a nanny, the little boy I watched called a Tornado "Fortato". My nickname in high school was Little Tornado (that's another story)

b. What type of first impression do you think you give?
    I'm a funny person, but I tend to air on the side of extremely vulgar. I'm friendly, and trustworthy. but most of all..I'm funny
    And people who really know me know my distaste for The Dump.

c. Other than parenting your sweet little ones what else do you like to do?
    Sleep, eat chocolate, read, I love shopping, for anything... I love working with kids, I've been doing it since I was 13, and once Jack is in school, I will go back to school for Occupational Therapy. I collect children's books. I love to paint, or sculpt, but don't seem to have the time anymore.

This is a great post!
    Thank you for starting it!

Kristen

katiesmommy Guest

Okay, I'll bite too.

My screen name: I think that one's pretty self-explaintory. Basically, I had created a profile and then forgot that I had done one already, and created a second one by mistake, this is the second one. The first one was the screen name I use on everything.

First impression: IRL, I've been told that I come off as snobby. Not because I so much act like that, but because I don't really talk much around people I don't know. I'm actually a very shy person, so I'm very uncomfortable meeting people.

Other interests: I love reading, I'll read just about anything I can get my hands on. I like dance events and gymnastics events, as I used to do both. I like all sorts of crazy/weird tv shows, you don't even want to know half the stuff I like to watch. I love helping my friends plan their weddings and considered becoming a wedding planner. I'm always interessted in finding out more about car seats, and I want to become a certified tech.

a. My maiden intials and former job (aviator - I use to be a pilot)

b. I know I used to come off as very shy and reserved, but I'm working on being more outgoing. People who've known me for more than about five minutes know that I'm not reserved at all. Shy, yes, but once I know you, there's no stopping me. ;)

c. Today, we had an useasonably warm day, and I sat on the glider on the front porch and read while DS was napping. I'd like to do that every day! I also like hiking w/DH, running, and swimming. I like cooking and baking, I just hate washing up afterward. I love music, and DH and I try to get out to see live music whenever possible.

-Ry,
    mom to Max the one year old
    and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

a. Screen name: the "g" part comes from the nickname that dh and I both have for each other. Back when we were first dating, I heard someone on MTV call someone "G." I asked dh what that meant and he thought it was pretty funny that I didn't know "G" was short for "gangsta," so he began calling me that as a joke. It became our term of endearment for each other and stuck. We rarely call each other anything but "G." Kinda embarassing. I stuck the mama part at the end because I'm a mom. :)

b. First impression: People usually tell me that I seem very sweet, approachable and easy to talk to. I used to be incredibly shy and really came out of my shell after meeting dh and feeling very loved and accepted. I talk a lot and have a loud, hearty laugh. After getting to know me, people have said they were surprised that I have a "dirty" side as I come off a bit prudish and prim and proper at first.

c. What I like to do: I like to go shopping for anything, go out for coffee or wine with girlfriends and talk and laugh, I love reality TV, I love to bake, I like to decorate my home, I am a makeup junkie and change my hairstyle at least 3-4 times a year, I love to take photographs of my kids and am pretty good at it and getting better all the time.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
    Benjamin 8-03
    Marco 12-05

Too funny. I was just thinking about posting asking about people's screen names. So I'll play.

1. Jen Jen the Fire Engine is a nickname my high school/college sweetheart gave me (cause I was a red-hot redhead, lol.) It stuck and I use since I'm pretty much guaranteed that it's won't be already taken.

2. I think most people think I'm confident and outgoing. I used to be a bit shy (and still am to some extent) and some people have mistaken that as being stuck-up. I fear sometimes that I give too much advice, especially on baby things. I research things to death (well, pretty standard here on the BBB) but IRL most of my friends do not and so I'm always ready with an opinion. I wonder if maybe I should just shut the F up sometimes.

3. I love to read, watch all kinds of movies. I'm very passionate about music but not as up on what's new out there right now. I love going to concerts but haven't been to one since DS1 was born. I love to dance but hardly every do anymore (actually when I was a pre-teen/teen I won several national dance competitions.) I just learned to knit and I am totally hooked. I love to cook. I am very social and just love to hang out with people. I am hardly ever home it seems. We go out and do something just about every day. I do not consider myself artsy or crafty but I try and I really enjoy it. Apparently I like talking about myself as well so I'll just shut up now.
    Jen

Mama to Luke (9/04) and Dex (5/06)

Let's see...

a) My screen name is my domain name - I just use it because it's never taken anywhere I need to create a login. My mom came up with it, actually, because I was trying to figure out what domain to create for my blog which is about so many aspects - aka threads - of my life. Now that I'm a mom, there are even more threads to keep track of. (I only wish you could use apostrophes in domain names!)

b) I think I generally don't give a great first impression. I'm always nervous meeting new people, so I probably come off as uptight or snobby. I'm not, really, I've just never been good at the whole outgoing social thing. To be perfectly honest, I even get nervous calling to order a pizza. Soooo hoping DD doesn't inherit that problem! I think people are also intimidated by the sheer number of hobbies I have, and maybe the fact that I usually have knitting with me wherever I go is something of a turn-off? However, I am really, really good in business types of situations, I apparently always come off as really professional. (Even though I'm just as nervous!)

c) Let's see...there's that whole threads thing from my screen name. I love to knit, quilt, sew, play piano, play french horn, read, bake, cook (sometimes)... However, I am a *lousy* housekeeper, because every spare minute that isn't spent with DD is spent doing some or all of the above!
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast