Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kungjo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default What's the Weather In Orlando, FL Like in May?

DH is thinking about attending a conference in Orlando, FL in early May. He has a choice. If he doesn't want to go, then the company will send someone else. What's the weather like? Am thinking of DisneyWorld and SeaWorld, but is it too hot? I'll go witht he kids while DH is in meetings. Not ideal, but think it's doable if the weather cooperates. Of course, I'll have other family to help me with the kids. What do you think?

Thanks
    Mom to two beautiful DDs

Kungjo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default What's the Weather In Orlando, FL Like in May?

DH is thinking about attending a conference in Orlando, FL in early May. He has a choice. If he doesn't want to go, then the company will send someone else. What's the weather like? Am thinking of DisneyWorld and SeaWorld, but is it too hot? I'll go witht he kids while DH is in meetings. Not ideal, but think it's doable if the weather cooperates. Of course, I'll have other family to help me with the kids. What do you think?

Thanks
    Mom to two beautiful DDs

Default RE: What's the Weather In Orlando, FL Like in May?

Hmm, I have not lived there in awhile, but my parents are still there. I like early May because it is warm, but not horribly hot and humid. I don't remember May having the monsoon like afternoon rains that set in during the summer. If you have other family members to help you wrangle the children through the parks, I say go for it. It should not be too crowded since school will not be out.

Hmm, I have not lived there in awhile, but my parents are still there. I like early May because it is warm, but not horribly hot and humid. I don't remember May having the monsoon like afternoon rains that set in during the summer. If you have other family members to help you wrangle the children through the parks, I say go for it. It should not be too crowded since school will not be out.

I'd say it wouldn't be too hot around them. You will have warm days (not humid) and be able to wear shorts and t-shirts. Probably in the upper 80's or so. Definately watch out for afternoon showers. The day will be sunny and bright, then an afternoon downpour, then back to sunny and nice. Maybe you can schedule it so you are indoors (a show or something at the parks) during the rainy hour.

I'd say it wouldn't be too hot around them. You will have warm days (not humid) and be able to wear shorts and t-shirts. Probably in the upper 80's or so. Definately watch out for afternoon showers. The day will be sunny and bright, then an afternoon downpour, then back to sunny and nice. Maybe you can schedule it so you are indoors (a show or something at the parks) during the rainy hour.

If you're from someplace that is still cold in May it will seem hot. It's usially in the 80's. It can get to 90 but the horrible humidity hasn't hit yet. We haven't had much rain in the past couple of years. As long as it isn't the flower festival the parks shouldn't be too crowded.
    Shannon

If you're from someplace that is still cold in May it will seem hot. It's usially in the 80's. It can get to 90 but the horrible humidity hasn't hit yet. We haven't had much rain in the past couple of years. As long as it isn't the flower festival the parks shouldn't be too crowded.
    Shannon

if you will have help, i say go for it! sounds good to me!!!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

if you will have help, i say go for it! sounds good to me!!!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast