Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JFC is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default How long after your baby dropped did your labor start?

Subject really says it all...especially with second babies - how long after your baby dropped did your labor begin?

Everything I read seems to indicate that with the second baby, dropping is an indication labor is near... do I need to get ready?!

This baby has definitely dropped today - visible enough that one of my neighbors commented on my different profile. I appreciate hearing what your experiences were...either it will make me relax or pack!

Thanks ladies!
    ~Jess
    SAHM to DS1 7/03 and DS2 3/07

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: How long after your baby dropped did your labor start?

Eh, I learned from the experience of others over the 3 years that I posted/ hosted on a labor board that there are no good, reliable signs of impending labor. Always good to be prepared physically (packed...) but be emotionally prepared to wait. :)

Of course, when (if) the time comes when I am facing labor day with #2 I am sure that all my "book smarts" and past experiences (common sense) will fall out of my brain as I just want to know when! I already found myself overanalyzing possible pregnancy symptoms. :)

Good luck and I hope that your time is near. Now, go pack! It could be hours or weeks.

Beth

SIX WEEKS!!!!!!! the six LONGEST weeks of my LIFE!!!

that's right... first baby was 8 days early... second baby was 8 days late. and he dropped EARLY EARLY EARLY.
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

Send some of those vibes across town girlie! I am so not ready (emotionally, physically, etc.) for #2 to appear yet. I keep telling him to stay put at least for a few more weeks. DS#1 was just over 3 weeks early...I want this little guy to stay put! ;-)
    ~Jess

Isn't that the truth! I need to remind myself that my body hasn't read any of these guides and will do its own thing and not to let the books/neighbors/etc. freak me out. ;-)

thanks!!
    ~Jess

Um DS2 was low always. Can't help there. But both boys were born 37 weeks and 6 days exactly.
    Candice
    WOHM to DS1 (6/04), DS2 (12/05), DD (2/09) and to our fur-st Sascha
    family blog: www.whatsupkahn.blogspot.com

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Two full weeks from the first drop, 3 days after the second drop (practically hanging between my knees at that point).

DS1 was born at 38w, DS2 was born at 39w, both on their own.

If you haven't packed, do it NOW. But don't sit around waiting for labor to start - you'll go crazy!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

my baby dropped 7 weeks ago...literally head engaged in pelvis as of that long ago on exam...followed that up with almost 4 weeks of bedrest and now i've been off for 3+ weeks....and here i am...STILL pregnant. and VERY uncomfortable.
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

SpaceGal is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This may sound totally awful...but I've never really analyzed my profile or noticed the baby dropping. But I have 17 days left and I have to say I'm so not ready. I have my hopsital paper work ready but I haven't packed my bag yet. I'm just in denial and still trying to prep baby #2 things.

I wish I could share a #2 story with you but I just wanted to say I'm with you on the relax/pack issue. :)

I too am in a bit of denial this time around - either that or I'm not using the little bit of time DS1 gives me to prepare. ;-) I JUST finished my pre-registration for the hospital and need to have DH fax it in tomorrow and yes, I think I'll pack this weekend. Maybe you'll do the same. ;-)
    ~Jess

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast