coachkath Guest

Default B-day suggestions for twins and 5 year old

Identical Twin Girls will be 2 this month and their brother will be 5. Any suggestions. I have a couple of books for all of them. Gift Cards maybe for the girls - mom can outfit them (she gave me the idea when she gave a mall gift card to a 1-year old).
    I'm more stuck on the 5 year old. He gets lots of stuff from his 6 year old brother. And they already have tons of stuff. This is a family who isn't hurting for clothes or toys...
    Thanks,
    auntie to Jenny,Kate, Will (&Pete)

hardysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: B-day suggestions for twins and 5 year old

My twins are just turning 3 and I have a 5 1/2 yr old...

I wouldn't to a gift card. It is darn near impossible to shop with kids that age which is probably why SHE gave out the mall cards, lol...

2 yr olds are hard since it is such a HUGE developmental year.

Things that keep the kids occupied are biggies- something like the new Peter Pan Movie which everyone could watch together. Wedgits Blocks are big with my gang. Dress-up clothes. Play food/kitchen stuff.

With twins, sometimes it is nice when the 2 presents sorta "go" together, but aren't exactly the same-- like one gets a bunch of toy food, the other gets some toy cups and bowls. Never can have too much of that stuff and the older kids like it too.

For mainstream toys- Mr Potato Head is good at that age. Legos and other building blocks. Music CDs.

5 is a big time for pretend play. My boy loves playmobile and the like. T-ball sets are fun for sporty boys- the big kids will hit balls and the little kids will chase them.

Stephanie

Stephanie

CiderLogan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: B-day suggestions for twins and 5 year old

How about Build-A-Bear gift cards? That way it's a gift card but also an activity for the family to do together.

Jenny
    Julia, 8/03
    Clara, 5/06