winterwonderland Guest

Default Scholastic book club

My son has begun to bring home Scholastic book club fliers. We have purchased a few books and have been satisfied.

On the last page of the flier is the order form and usually 2 different monthly book clubs that you can sign up for. Each is for a steal and then it's like $11.99 for 2 books per month and you can cancle at any time. They have an "*" by the $11.99 price which states it does not include shipping, handling or applicable sales tax.

Has anyone bought these packages? Is it worth the $$. Do you know how much the shipping and handling costs. I wish they would put this in writing. It makes it hard to decide whether or not to purchase the club membership when you don't have all the info in front of you. I am pretty cheap and mainly buy the $0.95 book and only a couple at the $2.95 price. I plan on asking my son's teacher if she has any experience with these clubs. Thanks for your help!

thomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Scholastic book club

I'm not sure about the at-home book clubs but I got this off the scholastic website:

For additional help, Scholastic At Home Customer Service is available Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time.

For Scholastic At Home Inquiries
    You can reach us in one of the following three ways:
    BY PHONE: 1-800-353-3140 (to place an order or for Customer Service)
    BY E-MAIL: click here
    https://homeclubs.scholastic.com/sec...s_page_wcs.asp

BY MAIL:
    Scholastic Inc.
    c/o The Scholastic At Home Customer Service
    2931 East McCarty Street
    Jefferson City, MO 65101

The main scholastic # is 1-800-SCHOLASTIC

good luck-

Kim
    ds&dd 5/03

Default Scholastic rebate + coupon code

Hi, I can't answer your question about the Book Club, but I thought I'd add something to the Scholastic thread...

Our teacher does the Club Ordering Online so the parents can use their credit cards online. This allows me to earn miles. I buy lots of books though - my last order came out to $150 (we get them every other month and get 3 fliers).

I just saw that Scholastic offers a 6% rebate on Scholastic orders. I don't know if it applies to the Club Ordering Online program (it should, since all you have to do is go through the eBates portal), but they also have a coupon code, EBATES2, for $10 off a $50+ order (exp 3/31). I do remember a field to enter a coupon code when I was checking out last time but didn't find out about the coupon code until it was too late. I will definitely look for one and go through eBates next time.

winterwonderland Guest

Thank you for the information! I will have to check out the website or give them a call. I just hate that they don't give all of the cost information of the form. Why make it a surprise?

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I guess they don't put the shipping on the flyer because those things go to schools all over the country, so the shiping would depend on locale?

OT: I wish they had credit card ordering when I was teaching!

Happy shopping!

I signed up for one like that with Scholastic...it was $4.95 (no shipping since it went to the school) and as I ordered it, I asked for the # to call to cancel it. They gave it to me and said I couldn't cancel until the delivery came. The day the items came, I cancelled it and had no problems at all.