niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default OT shoes for casual white skirt

Last year I bought a flrity white skirt, great for summer brigth tops, but I have no shoes to wear with it. I'm not a fan of white shoes, don't know why just don't like them. I've tried my natural flip flops, they seem too neutral on my light coloured feet, and my other summer shoes are an orange/brown and it doesn't seems to go with a blue or red shirt. What shoes would you wear with the skirt?

eta maybe something like this?
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2932008/...bo=6009204&P=1

My difficulty is that I want to wear the skirt with different coloured tops

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: OT shoes for casual white skirt

If you can find metallic sandals, how about something like that? I haven't seen any out yet though.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

shilo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

a shoe like your eta, or another 'espadrille' type shoe like that with the braided bottom is cute. also, i think you could get some flip flops to match any of the colors of t's you're going to wear. you might not like all white, but what about something like a white mephisto leather over cork or black base... (the "helen" sandals are my personal all time favorite sandals, that i've owned/warn for a decade now, but they have lots of styles):
    http://www.zappos.com/n/es/color/25/...60/page/1.html

hth, lori
    Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

ETC: typo

shilo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

heh, well see my post below, i luuve the mephisto's, but they have both gold and silver 'metalics' available in several of their sandal styles right now.

hth, lori
    Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

What about kind of pearlised oyster coloured ballet flats? The other option would be a neutral bone.

I don't know how you feel about them, but metallics are big right now. Some cute bronze or gold flats would probably look adorable. I just bought a pair of dusty gold ballet slingback flats to wear to a couple of parties we have coming up.

http://www.barefoottess.com/OnlineSt...n/Del-Warwk-G/

(oh, and I *SO* did not pay that price for those shoes. Gotta love ebay!)

Are you looking for heels, flats, slides?

I've never been a fan of white shoes (well, other than sneaks). Of course, my extraordinarily large fat Polish feet don't help matters! ;)

-m

Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

I'll look on zappos for more ideas. I really don't want to get too many shoes...I have way too many as it is. But inexpensive flip flops could be a good idea or I saw these - flip flops and metallic...so still casual but neutral. My problem is I have fair skin and white etc can look funny on my feet....
    http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/24828806/c/729.html

I'm looking for casual shoes - so slides/flats/wedge/flip flops. It's a summer flirty skirt, I wear it with a few different shirts (bright blue, mulberry, navy) but always with a white tank underneath so it sort of peaks through. I haven't worn a white skirt since I was a kid, so having trouble putting an outfit together. I'll be for day wear, chasing after DS, on weekends and in 2 weeks we're in Mexico. So, trying to find something to wear with it that's casual but goes with a lot of different tops.

I have very pasty feet, so white skirt, pasty legs, white shoe and pasty feet looks a little funny....

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Also, maybe tan? I have pasty feet and got some Clarks slides that had thin woven strips with stitching on them. Hard to describe but they were my favorite go-w/everything sandals last summer.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

That's a good idea - thin woven strip would look better so there's not a block of colour to mismatch against my pasty skin, the white skirt or the bright top...

THank you for all the suggestions. I'll see what I can find....I'm searching zappos now...