Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: high efficiency washers top load vs. front load

We just bought an LG and I really like it. It's so quiet and has so many different cycles! (My laundry room is right off my kitchen, so quiet was a real priority!) One thing I read about HE top loaders vs. front loaders is that since the HE top loaders are sort of new technology, those of us buying them would be the guinea pigs. Since my last washer was a lemon, I didn't feel like being a guinea pig with this washer. Happy shopping!

Yeah, I think after all the responses, we're going to nix out the HE top loaders. Not into being a guinea pig. Our washer will be the basement, so I guess I can also leave the door open on a front loader without worrying about the children getting into it.

I think we've narrowed our choices to the top three as listed in the CR guide: BOSCH 500 (though I can get the 300 today, have to wait 2 weeks on the 500, and I don't think we can hold out that long) the WP Duet (since it's like the Kenmore), but a little less $$$ and the LG. At this point, I think we're just trying to find the best price, as it seems like any of the three would be just fine. Unless anyone has had any problems with their Bosch/WP/LG's?

It would be fun shopping for a new washer except I've got like 10 loads sitting in my basement waiting to get washed, and DS has the stomach bug and has thrown up twice...thank goodness for the internet for price shopping!

The funny thing is I was just using my aunt's front loader and loved it! I was thinking about how much more pleasant laundry would be with a brand spankin' new HE front loader with all the bells and whistles. Maybe I was wishing too hard....LOL!

Ann

http://b3.lilypie.com/izgZm4/.png[/img][/url]

http://b1.lilypie.com/Kpx8m4/.png[/img][/url]

spunkybaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We really like the Bosch so far. I hadn't considered it either until I read the posts on the garden web site. I understand what you mean about not wanting to wait for a washer. Our washer broke on Friday night, and we went shopping on Saturday afternoon. (I stayed up really late Friday night reading about washers on the Web.)

We were lucky; our Lowes had the Bosch in stock. If you're still interested in the Bosch 500, you may want to check other Lowes locations (or other appliance stores) to see if you can get it any earlier.

Mom to a spunky toddler (3/04) and a new spunky Christmas baby (12/06)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2