hudsonam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default The 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th, etc) time you were pg, did you know it?

I hate this being off the pill and still being irregular. As you can see with my diet post, I've gained weight over the last year, and some days I think, "Man, I must be pg… how could my pants be so tight today, or how can my belly look so big unless I'm pg?" I'm sure I'm not, but I keep wishing I had a supply of tests at home just to check. LOL! When you were pg with second, third, etc… children, did you know it by your symptoms? Did you feel the same way you did the first time?

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: The 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th, etc) time you were pg, did you know it?

With my second I didn't know until they did a blood test because I had some wierd bleeding (thought it was my period - turns out it was implantation bleeding followed by spotting a week later).

This one I didn't have much in the way of symptoms until I was pretty far along, but I had a better idea that I was pg since my period had returned.

Not to be an enabler, but Dollar Tree has HPTs for $1 each so you can test to your heart's content. :-)
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

There was no mistaking the exhaustion. It seemed more pronounced this time than last time around.

I was already 3 weeks late when I tested and I felt pretty normal up till 4 days before I tested. I would be ravenous and queasy at the same time. Very strange. when that didn't go away and no other symptoms emerged I started to wonder.

I had a false alarm this winter where I was 5 weeks late (and had just gone off the IUD 1.5 months prior). I was looking under rocks for signs since all the tests were coming back -. I wasted sooo much on tests. :) next time I would just either go to the dollar store or accept a negative and that my cycles were just off. I knew I wasn't but if you think about things hard enough and look at all the possible pregnancy symptoms you can start to make a case for some minor ones or just figure that maybe you won't have symptoms with this pregnancy.

Beth

i knew it SO early this time because i knew what symptoms to look for....and the time we miscarried my first clue was my pants being tight before i even missed my period.

go to the dollar store and get a bunch of tests....then whenever you wonder like this, you can just go find out one way or the other.
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

We knew the second time even before I was late. I started falling asleep on the couch after dinner within a week of getting pregnant and was soooo hungry all the time. I never eat double cheesburgers, let alone a double cheeseburger basket meal. It was unmistakable. But my cycles are generally as regular as the rising of the sun so we pretty much know when everything takes place.
    DD1 11/02
    DS 11/05
    and
    DD2 2/09

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I suspected it both times by the bone-crushing fatigue and/or voracious appetite. BUT, I have been regular within 1 month of getting my cycles back both times.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

With my second I knew I was pregnant because I was tired and going to bed at 5 pm. That was around 4 weeks and a pregnancy test confirmed it.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade