Thread: OT The Tudors

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default OT The Tudors

Is anyone watching the Showtime series The Tudors about Henry the VIII? Im addicted! Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is yummy LOL.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Default RE: OT The Tudors

he sure is yummy...albeit in a heroin-chic kind of way. Dh wont' let me watch it for this very reason....*rolls eyes*
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I so want to see that as I am a HUGE Tudor/Elizabethan history buff, but I got rid of our movie channels last year. :( I guess I'll just have to wait until it is out on dvd or maybe I'll just get Showtime added back on for a while.... hmmm....
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You are?! How did I not know this? I can't get enough Henry the VIII / Elizabeth I stuff! Therefore, I don't watch this show. I don't have Showtime, but i caught a bunch of it on the free preview channel, and I just can't get past certain little things that aren't in the historical record. Like Henry being hot. He was an oaf and ugly and pretty wretched from almost day one. In his very early years, he wasn't so bad. But by the time this show picks up, he's already making it with Anne Boleyn, by which point he was not hot. That's teeney tiny compared to the fact that it took several years for him to finally bed her in real life, but it was just like a week or something in the show.

I know, it's a show. they need sex and hotness! Still Rome did it better. I love Tudor stuff so much, I can't bear to watch.

Plus, I don't have Showtime :-)

dcmom2b3 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

ITA. Not to draw from other threads, but the previews reminded me of an 'Oprah-esque' treatment of his life, not totally baseless, but only credible enough to convince people who haven't learned better. Ugh.

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

x( Maybe it is a good thing I don't have Showtime.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

we don't have showtime but could download the first episode from netflix! it was a nice way to spend an hour, even if it wasn't exactly historically accurate.

If you haven't read The Other Boleyn Girl, it is a fabulous book! I heard the followup, the Boleyn Inheritance, it also great. Must get that one soon.