Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default OT: China Patterns

I purchased a nearly complete set of 8 of the Noritake Piccadilly pattern at an Eagles rummage sale for $15! I replaced the two missing cups quickly off of Ebay. However, we will need to add 4-6 more place settings over time for the volume of peeps we are accustomed to for dinner parties. I can see that this pattern is not widely available (it was discontinued in the 60s) but I was thinking of just adding the additional place settings in a similar but different pattern. Any ideas or suggested patterns to look for? We absolutely LOVE this pattern.

This is the pattern: http://images.replacements.com/image...827S0001T2.jpg
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: OT: China Patterns

Katie,
    You might want to try this place. They have a ton of stuff. http://www.replacements.com/
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

Mommy_Again is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I second replacements. You can register your pattern and they notify you when new pieces become available.
    DS 2003
    DD1 2009
    DD2 2011

shilo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

beautiful! what a lucky find.

i'd check macy's during their semi-annual home sale. their house brands like charter club and royal gallery aren't usually as expensive to begin with and often have frequent pattern changes. when they clear one out, you can pick up pieces/place settings at big savings (more than 50% sometimes). one tip, if you buy before the sale and then go back and return/re-purchase, you get a much better selection of pieces. i did this with some of the gifts i'd received off my registry and earned enough store credit to complete out my service pieces this way.

i'd check out their lines and look for something plain or with a complementary pattern to your picadilly with white and platinum or silver band, and alternate place settings like you're talking about. i think it would be quite beautiful. you could even swap the salad plates between the sets so that you have some of the picadilly at each place setting.

also, noritake has quite a few white/platinum patterns, so maybe start checking local estate sale listings looking for noritake sets. you might have to look for a while, but eventually, i bet you find a simple/monochromatic look that would go quite well with this.

hth, lori
    Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

shilo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

beautiful! what a lucky find.

i'd check macy's during their semi-annual home sale. their house brands like charter club and royal gallery aren't usually as expensive to begin with and often have frequent pattern changes. when they clear one out, you can pick up pieces/place settings at big savings (more than 50% sometimes). one tip, if you buy before the sale and then go back and return/re-purchase, you get a much better selection of pieces. i did this with some of the gifts i'd received off my registry and earned enough store credit to complete out my service pieces this way.

i'd check out their lines and look for something plain or with a complementary pattern to your picadilly with white and platinum or silver band, and alternate place settings like you're talking about. i think it would be quite beautiful. you could even swap the salad plates between the sets so that you have some of the picadilly at each place setting.

also, noritake has quite a few white/platinum patterns, so maybe start checking local estate sale listings looking for noritake sets. you might have to look for a while, but eventually, i bet you find a simple/monochromatic look that would go quite well with this.

hth, lori
    Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Have you scoured Ebay yet? If you are patient, you can set up a search alert for that pattern name, or also research other compatible patterns there. I've found good deals on china. I dont know if it's all the divorcees unloading their sets, or what. The prices won't be as good as a garage sale, but it should be cheaper than Replacements.

Not much on there now...
    http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/s...&fsop=1&fsoo=1

Otherwise, around Christmas, and maybe even now, the discount stores (Kmart, Wal-Mart, Target) and BBY, etc. have silver/white sets that look nice and are very inexpensive. I think something simple with a silver border and similar cup shape would work well.

Here are Lenox patterns. Check Ebay if you like any of these.
    http://www.lenox.com/pattern/index.c...d=1&patId=1461

http://www.lenox.com/pattern/index.c...id=1&patId=943

http://www.lenox.com/pattern/index.c...d=1&patId=1003
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Another endorsement for Replacements Ltd. I have a very off-beat pattern and have had no problem rounding out and expanding my pattern by ordering through their website. Like the PP said, they send you monthly e-mails (or more frequently if something pops up) with their inventory of your pattern. Several times a year my e-mail comes with sale prices as well. I've gotten 1/2 off or more on some of my service pieces.

Good luck!

Nicole
    Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

http://b5.lilypie.com/nD9Jm5.png

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My china is "vintage" Noritake, too. I really love the old Noritake patterns.

Score for you!!

-Ceepa

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

May sound crazy, but do you have any yard sale or antique store fans in your family? Take a picture of it, and send them out with it. My mother once stopped at a yard sale less than 1/4 mile from my house and found the large platter in my set or antique china that even Replacements didn't carry.

Ebay also a great resource if you have time and patience.

Beautiful pattern!

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

What a great find!! This pattern is beautiful.

I never registered for china (or crystal, for that matter!). I'll have to
    keep my eyes open for awesome deals. Like your's!

Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast