amyff Guest

Default Any ideas for a "Wheels on the Bus" birthday party?

My daughter will soon be 2 and LOVES the "Wheels on the Bus" (song, book, everything). We would love to do a birthday party with a "Wheels on the Bus" theme. However, I am not creative. Any ideas? I know we will have a bus cake...but that is all I have...
    Help!

wendmatt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Any ideas for a "Wheels on the Bus" birthday party?

DD had a magic school bus party for her 4th b-day and we got school bus stickers from oriental trading company which we put a few in goodie bags and also gave as prizes for games. I also got a school bus craft from there, very easy that 2 year olds could do. I made yellow bus shaped bean bags which we used for bean bag toss and I gave one to each child in the goodie bag. They were very easy to make and I'm not all that crafty. Yellow balloons. Yellow plates and napkins. School bus coloring pictures. I got fisher price school buses (I had one and borrowed a few from a friend) and put the cutlery in one, put the crayons in one.
    That's all I can remember for now, if I think of anything else I'll let you know.

himom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

For bus-themed stuff, you might hit the jackpot at teacher supply stores.

Good luck! I bet she'll love her party!

himom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

For bus-themed stuff, you might hit the jackpot at teacher supply stores.

Good luck! I bet she'll love her party!

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sounds like a great theme! I would look into bulb-type horns that can be honked as party favors. Also, maybe do something with the invitations that's got a bus or a bus-ticket or route card feel. I have also seen matchbox-car style buses (although they will be labeled for ages starting at 3 and up.)

Thankfully a 2 y.o. doesn't need a ton of theme-y stuff to have a great party.

Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sounds like a great theme! I would look into bulb-type horns that can be honked as party favors. Also, maybe do something with the invitations that's got a bus or a bus-ticket or route card feel. I have also seen matchbox-car style buses (although they will be labeled for ages starting at 3 and up.)

Thankfully a 2 y.o. doesn't need a ton of theme-y stuff to have a great party.

Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Play Hut used to make a tent that is shaped like a bus. I bought one 1-2 years ago at a Ross for around $10. Could be fun for the kids to play in at the party.

This is a great theme, so many ideas are coming to mind... packing lunch bags or lunch boxes with favors, could you have a bus come to the party for the kids to walk on? Tickets as invites. Tokens/tickets as favors.

My kids favorite version of the story is one that has animals on the bus. Puppets? Puppet theatre to act out the story?

Sorry, getting excited about this one.

momma_boo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I once went to a party where a "Fun Bus" came. It's set up like a little play gym inside and the kids went in to play. It was pretty cute. You could see if there is something similar in your area.
    Esther

2 March girls (2003 and 2005)

cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

WE have the Wheels on the Bus matching game....very cute! I don't think they sell it anymore...got ours at a resale shop but you could try ebay. I think it was manufactured by Hasbro. hth

amyff Guest

Thanks so much for the great ideas! I think it will be a fabulous party. Your suggestions were perfect as I didn't want any thing too "themey"...just some cute touches here and there. I will let everyone know how it goes!