hillview is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Solo air travel with 22 month old and while 6 months pg how does this sound?

I am taking DS (22 months) to Colorado from Boston solo and I am 6 months pg. I plan on taking a backpack for me, DS in a stroller (quinny zapp) and the car seat. Any tips and hints. We've been in a bunch of planes but I've not been solo since he was an infant. I am thinking he can walk to the seat while I lug the car seat and backpack (and possibly the zapp as I HATE gate checking it).

TIA!
    /hillary

hannah is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Solo air travel with 22 month old and while 6 months pg how does this sound?

I traveled last Aug with DD when she was 23 mo and I was 4 mo pg. We went from CO to IL so not as long as a flight as you will have. I had her in her car seat (marathon with gogo kidz wheels) and I had a backpack diaper bag with stuff for both of us. I highly recommend the car seat wheels - very easy to use. She was able to walk on the plane while I took the car seat and the wheels. I brought lots of stuff for her (stickers, crayons/paper, markers/paper, food, books). Maybe you can think about brining a DVD player. They probably will show some sort of program on your flight since it is so long. Try to board early to get settled on the plane.