Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Decorating Question: Do you paint your baseboard heaters to match the wall color?

We have baseboard forced water heating in our Rhode Island house.

If I choose to paint a room green, do I paint the baseboard heaters green too?
    Or do I just leave them the off-white color?

I don't know which way to go.

Is there a preferred way that interior decorators/designers would say to do?

Thanks!

Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default RE: Decorating Question: Do you paint your baseboard heaters to match the wall color?

If they're something you want to draw attention to, I'd leave them. If you want them to blend in, paint them. Personally, I'd paint them.

In our old house, we had very plain and boring baseboard molding. We painted it wall color. In this house, it's fancier looking and we painted it white for an accent. Same kind of thing.
    Kris

scoop22 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Decorating Question: Do you paint your baseboard heaters to match the wall color?

i love this question b/c i have no clue when it comes to decorating. i hate our base board heaters. here is a silly question i have no clue, can you use the same paint as the wall or does it need something different? thanks. i need all the help i can get. i'm right there with you corie. i like what the pp post said.
    http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

I personally like the contrast. No matter what color I would paint the trim with a high gloss oil based paint. It is more durable and easiest to keep clean.

JMS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

\

Corie,
    Hopefully my pic attached. It's a picture of my living room baseboards (trim and heater). When we moved in we did a lot of cosmetic renovations. There was no trim anywhere. My heaters were about 8 inches high, so I basically matched the trim height to the baseboard height and painted it all white.

HTH. GL!
    JMS
    Mommy to DD "HH" 2004
    and DS1 "MH" 2005
    & DS2 "JJH" - My very Irish baby!