Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Santa's gifts?

Default RE: Santa's gifts?

I think you misunderstood my post. It was in response to a PP that included this quote "OK, am one of those mom who thinks that believing in Santa is one of the great joys of childhood." I'm saying that I WILL let and encourage DD to believe in all those fun imaginary things as long as she wants!

tarabenet is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

"Sure, Mickey doesn't bring gifts, but he still isn't real."

I'm so disillusioned. Heartbroken. Mickey isn't real? Say it ain't so!

And of course I'm just playing! I completely understood your post, and I'm totally with you on it. And a part of me keeps right on believing in all those things, at least in the spirit of them, even now.

BTW, I loved the idea about asking the kids to supply their own answers!

OK. I get it - lol! I guess I misunderstood *your* post. Of course Mickey is real and so are all of his friends. :-)

BTW, DH went to Costco this am to have the tires rotated on the car - can't send DH to any store without him coming home with something we really don't need. Today, he bought a DVD collection of all those old Christmas shows with Rudolph, Santa, etc. He loves those movies and bought them under the guise of "they are for DD". She is watching one of them right now. :-) Of course, now I have to figure out how to get her to understand the true reason for Christmas - we haven't been going to church because she was just too active when she was younger. I think it's time to start back now that she is almost 3 and should be able to sit still - yeah, right!

This was the issue that made me realize at a young age that Santa must not be real.

So I started right from the beginning with my son explaining to him that parents have to pay Santa for the gifts. That is why he doesn't bring anything the parents don't approve of or can't afford. And why we give to Toys For Tots and other programs.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I tell my kids that parents have to ask Santa for help. Some parents ask for lots of help and some parents like to buy the gifts themselves. (I get lots of help from Santa! ;-))

You could tell your children that you have asked Santa to save the more expensive gifts for kids that might not otherwise get any b/c their parents don't have the resources.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2