Default Love our Flexa bed!!!

I wanted to post a review of our new Flexa bed. We got the twin bed and low loft. We live in a small apartment and DD who is 3.5 shares her room with DS (just 2yrs). both have been in cribs till now. We need all the space we can get so we went for the low loft so that the kids can play underneath.

We LOVE this bed system!
    DH put together the bed and then I helped him with the loft part. It took some time but the directions were clear and all the pieces included. The wood is high quality and very solid. I would say, not Ethan Allen nice but certainly a step above Ikea (which was what I was expecting really)

We ordered the pocket spring Flexa mattress because after lengthy talks with the salesman I came to understand that regular mattresses are deeper/taller than the Flexa mattresses which would compromise the safety of the side rails when the bed is lofted or bunked. Otherwise a regular mattress works fine- same length and width, just deeper. So since we were lofting this and eventually bunking the beds, we went with the better quality and hopefully long lasting Flexa innerspring.

Now that it is up, we can't be more thrilled. DD and DS climb up and down the ladder with ease. I sure wish we could have fit the slide in their room but it would run right into DS's crib. :-(

The only accessory we ordered other than the pink mattress cover was a little shelf that hangs/sits on the railing. It is nice to put a cup of water, a book and her clock.

Under the bed, there is plenty of space for the kids to sit and read books, play with trains and just hang out or play hide and seek. Neither kid can stand upright, but they seem to have figured that out quicklly and noone has complained about banging their heads. At first I thought maybe it was too low, but it doesn't slow them down a bit.

I am not sure what else to write except that the bed easily holds all 4 of us a story time and has put up with some jumping tho we are discouraging that as I don't want anyone falling 4 feet to the floor.

It is a huge success and DD keeps asking all her friends to come see her new bed!
    If you have any questions either respond to this message or feel free to email me.
    HTH!
    Betsy

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Love our Flexa bed!!!

Sounds very cool.

Just wondering did you buy from a local store or shop online? I have never seen this brand of furniture in my area.

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Thanks for the review! I keep seeing ads for this brand in a local parents mag and wondered if they were any good!

Jennifer
    Mommy to
    Miss Pure Energy 3/03
    Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
    (100 posts & BBB member for 3 months req'd)
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/

Ruth_B Guest

We liked the look of Flexa too, but was as sure of the heavy pine knots. The store near us has an alternitive called Maxtrix?? Its look is identical but it is mabe of a hardwood instaed on pine like Flexa. Flexa has more optons, I just can't make up my mind.

I ordered from a local store here in NYC.

I have to say again, how impressed I am with the quality of the wood. Haven't heard of Maxtrix but the Flexa is good solid wood. Yes, pine but my kids have been throwing trains (ugh) and other things against the bed and I haven't seen a dent yet, so it is very high quality pine. See if you can see it in person as it helps to be able to feel the wood and stability.

Still no complaints yet! It is great!!
    Betsy

I would love to see some pictures - it sounds awesome!

Maryann
    Mommy to Ean & Mia!

So glad to hear you're happy with the Flexa. Even though we probably won't move DS to twin for another year I have already been eyeing the Flexa low loft!
    Julie
    SAHM Mom to Ryan (who just happens to have Prader-Willi Syndrome) 2/04
    www.pwsausa.org - Still Hungry For a Cure

Betsy-
    I know you posted this awhile ago so I wanted to know how the Flexa furniture was working out for you.

We are transitioning DS to a "big boy bed" to make room for Baby 2 (arriving in May) and we just looked at Flexa. While it's not totally my style (I'm more of a cottage-style person), DS and DH LOVED it!

What pieces do you have? We are looking at just the basic bed with rails and drawers to start, as well as a dresser. Do you have any of the storage pieces or just the bed? Any advice or recommendations on any of the pieces?

Thanks.

Amanda (mom to Luke, 2 1/2 and Baby Boy 2, due May 2, 2007)