I wanted to post a review of our new Flexa bed. We got the twin bed and low loft. We live in a small apartment and DD who is 3.5 shares her room with DS (just 2yrs). both have been in cribs till now. We need all the space we can get so we went for the low loft so that the kids can play underneath.

We LOVE this bed system!
DH put together the bed and then I helped him with the loft part. It took some time but the directions were clear and all the pieces included. The wood is high quality and very solid. I would say, not Ethan Allen nice but certainly a step above Ikea (which was what I was expecting really)

We ordered the pocket spring Flexa mattress because after lengthy talks with the salesman I came to understand that regular mattresses are deeper/taller than the Flexa mattresses which would compromise the safety of the side rails when the bed is lofted or bunked. Otherwise a regular mattress works fine- same length and width, just deeper. So since we were lofting this and eventually bunking the beds, we went with the better quality and hopefully long lasting Flexa innerspring.

Now that it is up, we can't be more thrilled. DD and DS climb up and down the ladder with ease. I sure wish we could have fit the slide in their room but it would run right into DS's crib. :-(

The only accessory we ordered other than the pink mattress cover was a little shelf that hangs/sits on the railing. It is nice to put a cup of water, a book and her clock.

Under the bed, there is plenty of space for the kids to sit and read books, play with trains and just hang out or play hide and seek. Neither kid can stand upright, but they seem to have figured that out quicklly and noone has complained about banging their heads. At first I thought maybe it was too low, but it doesn't slow them down a bit.

I am not sure what else to write except that the bed easily holds all 4 of us a story time and has put up with some jumping tho we are discouraging that as I don't want anyone falling 4 feet to the floor.

It is a huge success and DD keeps asking all her friends to come see her new bed!
If you have any questions either respond to this message or feel free to email me.
HTH!
Betsy