daisy Guest

Default double stroller recommendations

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but what double stroller do you recommend? My son will be just 3 when the baby is born. Something that could handle surfaces a little rougher than the mall (e.g., the zoo) would be great.

Thanks!

daisy Guest

Default RE: double stroller recommendations

P.S. I need a front-back style double stroller. Our street is very narrow, so a side-by-side won't work. Thanks!

is67147 Guest

my sporty twin (3wheel jogger) is narrow enough to fit through a door (its wider than my normal stroller). but its totally rugged - i take my 3yr & 1yr old out in it for long walks over the trails and down the streets (which can be pretty brutal in patches - sidewalks were obviously forgotten when they designed my street).

You may want to look into a single with a toddler seat. There is a lot of discussion about this on the Baby Bargins stroller board. A few brands are Valco, ABC and Mountian Buggy. This option will not work for me because DS still naps in the stroller and will only be 22 months when #2 arrives. I want a true double but this may be a great option for you.
    Michelle I

DS 1 - 7
    DS 2 - 5
    DD - 1

JennsBabySky Guest

You could also look at the E3. This is a single with an available add on seat. Because of the configurations of the seat, both kids could nap. I thought it sounded strange until I saw one in real life. It is actually quite cute and the little one in the back gets a great view. Because it is a single, the steering is quite good. For most tandems, you have to sacrifice steering.