heyrocco Guest

Default Maclaren Twin traveller or Rally for infant and toddler

Does anyone have any advice on a double stroller for a 2 1/2 year old (36 lbs and 38 inches tall) and a newborn?

I am considering the Maclaren Twin Traveller. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks

Alyson

kcolton_5 Guest

Default RE: Maclaren Twin traveller or Rally for infant and toddler

Hi there,

I bought the Twin Traveller Rally for my own 2.5 yr old and infant...and don't like it much! The baby (who is now 10 months) gets his neck rubbed raw by the straps, which aren't adjustable to be short enough for an infant. My toddler, though, loves not having a bar in front of him so he can climb in and out. Also, they sit side by side, and the older one tends to poke the little one and it was hard for the baby to fall asleep with constant noise and prodding and poking!! You cannot hang anything from the handles, so I bought a tray from Babu, which attaches to both sides and lets me put my coffee or water bottle on it, plus I can hang the diaper bag from it, too. You cannot use the storage basket on the TT if the baby is reclined, which, of course, he or she will be until he/she is sitting up!! I ended up buying a cheap Graco Duo Glider at Target, which was great for the baby. He could sleep in peace (I covered the canopy with a blanket and made a sort-of tent for him to block out sounds and light) and the older one had fun riding in front.

Just my two cents!!
    Kim

DD Emily 11
    DS Matthew 2
    DS Nicholas 10 months

JennsBabySky Guest

Default RE: Maclaren Twin traveller or Rally for infant and toddler

I had a Rally Twin with my newborn. I used the Snuzzler, and it worked great! I ended up switching to the Inglesina Twin Jet, but only because my older daughter wanted bigger hoods and plusher fabric. The steering on the Rally was unbeatable! I also have the Valco Twin and love that too!

Any specific questions about these strollers?