Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Brio vs Thomas the Train?Discuss.

Have not read the other answers but..

We have both, and i have train tables.

Um, basically i like both brio/Thomas and each for different reasons, i know my dh isn't as fond of the "new" style of the Thomas track, he liked the older styling.

Now as one or the other the Thomas going with the stories is nice, you know the kids learn the charactors quite quickly at 2yrs my son knew quite a few, actually he's still better at them than me LOL ;)

Accessory wise, i do like some of the add-on type pieces, like the engine wash, and some of the other neat items..offhand i can't think of them though :P

As to brio, well we have some of their older busy town items and even some of the bob the builder{which allbeit are not trains, but do go on the tracks} Brio also has some neat bridges and tunnels just as Thomas.

Basically we have quite a mix of the products, we do have more of the Thomas trains though since ds likes the charactors and such but my girls also enjoy the more people choices of the Brio line, we have some elevators and other little "houses"

Train table wise, well we've always had one as the "set" my mother originally got my eldest dd came with one{this is brio} my kids enjoy the table and still will use the tracks elsewhere and the train table for other purposes too, like little people etc.

The trains themselves have been a great investment as we've had them since my eldest was 2yrs old, she's 8.5 this september..and while we have added greatly to the collection many pieces have seen the lifespan of three children.

HTH :)
    ~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...blobflower.gif

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppstrollers

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Man, I forgot about that story - Colin's Henry has been up to so much since that happened...
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

jubilee Guest

It used to be a PBS TV series back when my oldest (who's 12) was in preschool (I didn't realize it is not on anymore.) THe series featured animated Thomas stories and live-action people that worked at a train station. I remember that Didi Conn was on it and George Carlin was a conductor. I was never excited about this show, but my son had a real love for it. He would have loved a Thomas train table.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2