nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Kumon toddler books

Has anyone tried these books for toddlers? If so, any favorites?

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...y&cds2Pid=9481

I'm thinking of trying them for DS who will soon be three.

Nupe

Default RE: Kumon toddler books

My 3.5YO son got "More Let's Cut Paper" for Easter. He LOVES it! I LOVE it! Actually, I just found your posting because I was searching the boards comments about them and suggestions for other titles. I'm surprised there aren't a lot of other people posting about these books. DS wants to do his "cutting work" all the time. I have to limit him to a few pages a day so we don't run out! I want to try some of the more advanced titles to see how he likes them.

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Kumon toddler books

That is great to know! I bought a bunch of "fun" titles including that one, without realizing that the back of the larger books suggest an order for the books. So far we have started with drawing lines in the "Tracing" book and it has been a huge hit.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...4307077&itm=19

I looked into taking DS (now 3yo) to Kumon sessions too, but I think for now we will continue our work at home as these books are easily accessible and still create excitement.

Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

DS is 4 1/2 so not a toddler, but he has the pasting book for 4-6 yr olds and loves it! He wants to work on the book so much that I try to limit him to 2-3 pages a day, which is amazing considering he has fine motor skills delays, and scissors are not usually his thing I feel the Kumon cutting and pasting books have really helped him with using the scissors and pasting.

I highly recommend Kumon activity books for younger kids because the pictures are so colorful and fun, and the paper is so sturdy that it's easier to cut and work with.
    Last edited by jamesmom; 03-09-2008 at 09:13 AM.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say thank you, my little sister is turning 3 on sunday and i was really struggling to find something useful that i could buy her as it is usually only teddy bears and stuff but after reading this i had a long look at the books and bought 5 of them for less than £20

So hopefully she will enjoy them as much as you guys have said they were good