Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Some more Disney questions for the experts :)

- Would it be crazy to just do all 3 days at the Magic Kingdom? Billy is the kind of kid who once he does something he loves ~ that's all he wants to do. He LOVES Peter Pan and is dying to go on the Peter Pan ride and I know that he will want to do that every day!!!

DH would get bored and want to see all the parks and if we were all together I would probably feel that way too but this is going to be all about Billy while we are there. I would be totally happy spending all our days there ~ I would feel better about leaving the park and going back to the hotel whenever we need to knowing that we have more days there and we don't have to try to cram everything in.

- Do they sell passes for just part of a day (like after 4-5 pm). DH will be in class all day and we're hoping that at least one of the days he'll get out early and we can all go to the park for dinner and spend the evening there. We just won't know what time he will get out until he gets out that day ~ but it definately won't be before 4:30pm.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as we go along. We've known DH was going to the class for a couple months but just found out today that it was right across from WDW and everything just fell into place (airline tickets aren't too expensive, my parents can take Benjamin those days, etc) and we decided we shouldn't pass this opportunity up ~ my head is still spinning!!!!

Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Some more Disney questions for the experts :)

If you get parkhopping tickets, you can do more than one park in a day. :) A typical day for us is to spend the morning at one park and leave in the early afternoon, have a brief rest and head into another park for dinner and fireworks.

Epcot is a terrific evening park. Its generally not as crowded (or doesn't feel as crowded) and has lots of dining choices. Wandering around the World Showcase makes for a pleasant evening. :)
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

DH just called and his class/seminar is being held at the Regal Sun Resort (used to be the Grosvenor Resort) in Downtown Disney. It says on their website that they have character breakfasts at the resort on Tues/Thurs/Fri so that will probably take care of one of our breakfasts.

Has anyone stayed here before?
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've stayed there--but not since the name (and presumably management change). It was just fine--not particularly upscale but no complaints either.

I would definitely plan on going to the MK for all 3 days with your child. We are passholders and go to the MK everyday we are there, and then go to another park in the afternoon if we feel like it. MK is the best for the wee ones. If I were you I would plan on only doing the MK.

As for your husband, no they do not sell any kind of 1/2 day ticket. You should check on what dates the MNSSHP (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party) are. That even requires a different ticket (so for you and B also) and runs from 7pm till midnight. That might be a good option for your family to have a night in the MK together. HUmm.....actually that might require park admission and the party ticket....I'm not sure because it doesn't apply to me....you should check on that. Also remember that park hours very. Some nights it is until 9 and some only until 7 so you will want to be sure you know to maximize his park time.

MNSSHP only requires a ticket for that event NOT an additional park ticket as well.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

We've decided to do all 3 days at MK. We aren't going to do the MNSSHP as we just had our Halloween party this afternoon and we're going to another on Halloween. The park closes at 7 on the Thurs and Fri that we are there (for the party) and then on the Saturday (our last night) it's open until 10:00. Billy is SO excited about getting to stay up late that last night and see the parade and fireworks :)

We are going to do Chef Mickey's for dinner one night with DH so he can experience Billy and the characters together. We talked about it and he really can't take a whole night off either as this is a recredentialing class and he needs to study each night.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

I really think you might get sick of the MK for 3 solid days. Its also a very intense park visually and quite crowded. The other parks are much more low key. So just consider doing another park on day 2. And spending ALLLLL day at the MK, epsecially if its hot, can make for a long, tense stressful day. JMO of course.

Thanks :) We've thought about it and we may end up doing another park but Billy really isn't interested in the other parks. We've shown him the dvd, website, maps and talked about it and ALL he wants to do is MK and see the characters and ride Peter Pan ~ lol.

We are up for changes when we get there if he (or I) decide that we want to do something different ~ since it is just the 2 of us going to the park we have lots of flexibility ~ not having to do what everyone else wants to. We're just going to see how it goes but for right now those are the plans :)
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Here's some reading material for you :)
    Epcot Really is a Park for Children
    http://www.wdwinfo.com/Just_for_kids/epcotkids.htm

My 4yr old (b/day is 4/2003) really enjoys Epcot. There is really a lot there for this age group. He loves the Kidcot stations. At Innoventions he played a game and then built a toy robot (it's just a cheap plastic toy nothing to get excited about but he loved it!). He also is a daredevil and loved Test Track and Mission Space (Go GREEN team! which is the less intense version). The Living Seas is wonderful too - there is Turtle Talk w/Crush and the little Finding Nemo Ride is really cute. In Living with the Land, he loved Soarin' over California and the Junior Chef program (unfortunately we didn't made it back for that but it was on our list). He also loves Spaceship Earth but it's closed for refurb right now (not sure when it's due to reopen). In the World Showcase he loves the boat ride in Norway (there are Trolls so beware. My ds loves scary stuff lol). He also loves The Three Caballeros boat ride in Mexico. Very cute. Plus in the WS there's a lot of different entertainment options - ds got a candy shark made by candy artist Miyuki at the Japanese pavilion, and the drummers there are fun to watch and listen to as well. The park times guide has info on what is going on when and where so pick one up at the front of the park if you go and read it.

Just saying - keep an open mind. You'll probably want to see some different things when you get there and you'll be surprised at what things he'll enjoy. It's difficult for a 4yr old to fully comprehend everything there is to offer, and the planning DVD's and such are nice but they can only convey so much kwim? You really have to experience it 1st hand IMO.

hth

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If characters are high on his list, you might want to reconsider visiting other parks. We had much better character interaction in Epcot, MGM and AK compared to MK - primarily because MK lines were so much longer. I know that you're doing character meals but you only see a few characters at each meal, and they don't spend much time at the table.

Peter Pan is a great ride, but I'm pretty sure I'd go nuts doing it all day long for three days! On our last two trips DS1 has had a wonderful time in all four parks (add to the Epcot list: train garden by Germany and dancing fountains by Imagination pavillion - I hope they are still there)!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast