Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    todzwife Guest

Default RE: egoldber CDs

I am going to be CDing when the baby comes (after my mother leaves, she thinks they are "ewww"). DH and I wanted to try it because 1. all the savings if we have more than 1 kid (we are planning on 4)2. No gel blobs on the little ones privates 3. they are SO cute 4. everyone who does it, loves it! I am such a follower! LOL! Can't wait!
    Shandelle ;)
    P.S. I am FINALLY out of the first trimester! Anyone want to party with me!

parkersmama Guest

Default RE: CD ROLL CALL: A LIST OF WHO CDs!!!!!!

I will be CDing our new baby (if the silly girl *ever* arrives!!). I would have used CDs with our first two but they were both in childcare as infants and I didn't think anyone else would be willing to deal with the CDs. Now that it looks like I'll be home more, we've taken the plunge. I am apprehensive about how dh is going to do because he's always done more than his fair share of diaper duty (he's a great dad...does baths, too!) and I think he's uncertain about the CD thing and not totally into like I am. My brother and his wife had their first baby in February and they are using CPFs from a diaper service and my brother has been changing the diapers. I know if he can do it so can my dh!!! LOL!

My reasons for choosing to CD are 1) I love to be different! 2) I'm a semi-tree hugger and the environmental issues have always bothered me & 3) the more I've read about the gels and chemicals the grosser I think they are!

Reading so much on this board about the ease of CDs really convinced me to go ahead and do it. I have a variety of diapers (fitteds, CPFs, and a couple of AIOs) to try and I'm really looking forward to it!

I've been CDing my DD for about 2 months now.

I switched because the disposies STINK!! Even before she was born, the Pampers sample they gave us at birth class irritated my nose like crazy. No matter what brand (some worse than others) the minute urine hit the diaper it smelled very "chemically". That got me thinking about what was on her bottom all day!! I just don't like the thought of those stinky chemicals being on her 24 hours a day.

Things that have happened since we switched:
    No more redness on her bum!
    No more heaps of diapers filling our garbage!
    I don't get all stuffy and sneezy when I change her!

So all in all it has been worth it for several reasons! I'm so very happy that we switched! :-)

Lisa

Lisa
    Emma 11/02
    Adam 2/07
    Their hands may be small but their feelings are just as big as ours.

Calmegja Guest

Me...

We've been CDing for 3 months now. I do a three year old at night only, and an 11 month old full time.

I switched because I was sick and tired of changing diapers the same old way. I have four kids, I've been diapering consistently since 1995, and I wanted a change. Probably not a terrific reason, but it's mine....

I love it. I like everything about it. Dh likes it. My inlaws think I'm insane.....;-)

natividad Guest

I have been CDing DS for 5 weeks (he is 7 weeks old) and really enjoy it. I have always been interested in cloth diapers because 1) I feel its better for the environment and the baby's skin, 2) my mom CD me, 3) wanted to try something different, and 4) the cost factor over the long run since we are planning on having two children. After reading posts by Beth, KathyO and nohomama, I REALLY got excited so I started ordering samples. I still use disposables for night time until I try a FB and for when out, although I am now beginning to go out with DS in cloth (I carry disposables in the diaper bag still).

I have not tried a whole lot of CDs. I have very simple dipes - I mainly use CPFs, Kissaluv contours and inexpensive nylon covers. I am now in the process of expanding my stash by ordering two days worth of fitted diapers :-O

Naty
    Mommy to Alexander 2/26/03

Add us to the list. I have no idea how long we've been doing it (time has no meaning to me anymore), but I love it. We use cloth 75% of the time. And I have to add that although DH was extremely supportive of my decision to cd ds, he hasn't changed a diaper since we switched. :) I'm sure it's just a coincidence... sure.

The reasons we've switched... there are a couple. The major reason is those darn gel balls that got stuck on ds. I hated those things. And our diaper champ STUNK. It annoyed my that I couldn't spend 5 minutes in ds's room without getting nauseous.

And, I also am a follower. CD'ing is something I had thought about off and on but dh wouldn't let me switch because he was afraid I would spend hundreds of dollars and not stick with it. Well, I've spend hundreds of dollars, but so far I'm loving it. Everyone seemed like they were having such a good time, I just had to try it!

Candy
    Mommy to Matthew Nicholas
    5/22/02
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

I've been cding for almost 3 months, my mom had done it with all four of us but she had a service, and I wasn't really interested in that. But, I became intrigued reading posts here and decided to research it a bit. The cost savings spread over a few children was appealing as was reducing our huge trash pile. I started to get really grossed out by the smell of disposables (particularly Pampers, I'm not sure why) When I learned how easy it is to wash them at home I decided to give it a try. I ordered some thinking I would use both cds and disposables, but I haven't really looked back. I have a backup disposable in my diaper bag, and dh sometimes uses them but other than that we are pretty full time. Dh thinks it's just another excuse to buy stuff over the internet, which I guess is part of the appeal, but even he is becoming converted. I've tried to spread the word to other moms without much success, I never would've done it without you guys!
    Emily
    mom of Charlie born 11/02

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Karen & Colin CD

We've been experimenting with CD's for about a month now and I'm really starting to enjoy it!

I decided to try it for several reasons.
    1. To see if it really was as easy as everyone was saying
    2. To save money
    3. I'm also clinging to the hope that potty training will be easier.

It's the economics of it that appeal to DH, and so far, he's done great with the CD's.

The funniest thing for me is that my expectations of how much I would like certain diapers have been way off. I almost didn't order a Bumkins AIO and tried Kissaluv Contours almost by accident. Now, those are my favorites. (Thanks Candy!) I was certain I would love prefolds and Kissaluv fitteds- but they're currently at the bottom of my list! And, like some of the rest of you, I NEVER would have even thought about CD's if I hadn't heard about it from all of you.

KathyO Guest

Default kathyo cds

I've been CDing my 2-year-old DD since about the 6-week mark. We tried some homemades that a friend had used for her kids, and they didn't fit well, so we went to the MotherEase Sandies and never looked back. I'd never have tried CDing without the encouragement of that friend, and my mom, who also CDed.

I did it for the usual assortment of reasons - discomfort with the mountain of waste caused by disposables, annoyance at the number of leaks and blowouts they had, the cost-savings factor, and probably a perverse desire to be different. (Used to work at a stable, so once you've stood in it up to your knees and shovelled it, it's just not that big a deal any more.)

I guess I must register somewhere on the hippy-crunchy meter - my girlfriends in the moms group jokingly refer to me as Hippiechick - long hair, CDs, BFing, tofu-eating, natural fibres, all that stuff.

I'd LOVE to start experimenting with all the wonderful WAHM brands I am hearing about (who'd have thought CDing could be so addictive?) but we are extremely skint for cash at the moment, so I'm being a good girl. Doesn't mean I can't read and drool!

Cheers,

KathyO

I've been cding Gabrielle since she was about two weeks old. She's now almost 11.5 months old. :)

I'm using cds because: 1. I'm cheap. LOL 2. I like to be different. 3. I needed a new hobby and doing hours of research and shopping was what I needed late in my pregnancy. :D
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast