Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default RE: CD ROLL CALL: A LIST OF WHO CDs!!!!!!

I've CD'd all my kids either part or full time. This time around I'm planning on doing it full time and using Tushies if needed (vacations, etc). My first son was born in 1991 so it's been a long time! I'm expecting my 4th child around 5/9.

Can't wait to start Cd'ing once again!

Maria
    Maria
    ~Mama to 4~
    ~Foster mama to baby girl R born 8/08~

mamahill Guest

Default mamahill cds! and loving it!

Hello, I'm Sarah, and I'm a cd-er. We've been cding for almost 2 months. I'll admit that I became interested in it after reading the increased posts on cding, and thinking that maybe it wasn't so hard/gross/complicated as I originally thought. Plus, DH had often mentioned how disturbed he was at how much waste the disposables generated. And once I read that cd-ed babies potty train faster, I was sold.

So here we are, and not a single regret (well, maybe just that I didn't start this sooner)! And even last night DH was commenting on how much less garbage we put out for the garbage man (we have one, maybe two bags of trash per week - the can is half full, as opposed to brimming over!).

And I must say I get a certain satisfaction out of telling people that we are in cloth! edited to add: And seeing the look on their faces :o I, too, like to be a little different.

Default RE: Karen & Colin CD

YAY Karen! I'm so glad you're enjoying the kissaluvs. I was thinking about emailing you and letting you know how much we like the luke's drawers. How funny. :)

Candy
    Mommy to Matthew Nicholas
    5/22/02
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

DH is amazed by all of the things that I've learned and bought from your advice, and yes I'm about to join the CD club. I received my newborn sampler from natural babies (Thanks Beth). I can't wait to try them out, however I need to find some liners (do they sell them at BRU or do I have to get them on internet). I was like a little girl on Christmas opening up and examining the diapers. I'm sure I'm going to have a zillion questions for you as I get used to this.

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

P.S. When I mentioned to people that I was going to CD, the response I received was "Yeah right, like you are going to do that". Of course I'm the type of person who likes to proove people wrong. I can't wait to see their faces when they see Martie in her CDs.
    Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

sugarsnappea Guest

I started using CD's on my Daughter when she was born. Julia Grace is now 22 months old. I am so happy that so many use CD and enjoy it!

I have been a lurker on this board since summer 00'- back then there were not very many posts about CDing. It took a lot of reading and researching for me to take the plunge- my family and friends were not very supportive. My husband enjoys it until "the pail" is downstairs by the laundry!

The reason I chose to do it was mostly that it seemed more natural and the fact that I am frugal and like to be different.

I currently use chinese pre-folds and Nikky Poly covers. :)

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We've been CDing since Ds was 14 months...so about 3 months. I started b/c at about the same time I started reading the CD posts on THIS board, we moved and need a tighter budget and Ds started developing eczema and I thought the chemcials against his skin 24/7 couldn't be helping.

I read other boards which tend toward the crunchy, but it's you ladies which reeled me in!

I know NO ONE IRL who CDs...I wish I did! Of course Dh & I were CDed in the 70's but that's b/c our parents had to. I didn't CD from the beginning b/c all I imagined were plastic pants, pins, prefolds & diaper bulk!

It's so EASY and dare I say, even fun!

Mommy to Jonah

Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

I have been Cding Liam for about a month now and can't believe how much easier it is now that I am actually doing it. Prefolds are even one of my favorite ways of cding (that surprised me the most). I am inthe process of devising a night time system that will keep DS dry overnight because I tend not to change him as much (prefer a sleeping dirty baby than a clean awake one at 3am!)

Reasons why I am doing it: Yet another interesting topic to research, it's saving us money, no leaks with explosive poops, I too hate the disposable "smell", and they look so cute on DS's baby butt!!

It's funny that people mention the gel crystals/gel balls b/c I had no idea what they were when I first saw them! I was like "is his peepee crystlizing in the diaper?" hahaha

Anyways, thanks to the CD veterans who persuarded me and provide me with great Cd tips and advice.

Cheryl :)

mama2be Guest

Default RE: C99 CDs

How funny...I don't think I would have admitted until I saw your post...or even realized it, but I too like to "be different" :)...I would have to say that is one reason I am certain that I am doing it!!!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I know absolutely NO ONE IRL who CDs, either (except my mom, 30 and 27 years ago), which is another reason why I could not see myself doing it at first. But I may have one convert - I mentioned it in passing to a friend who was very interested (her DD is 2 months younger than Colin). The bonus is that she is a fantastic sewer - her DD could be really decked out in some works of art!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Kate888 Guest

I've been CDing my 14 month old for 2 months now. It's a lot of fun! Even my DH learned all the new words, such as "fitted", "CPF" and "AIO" :) He even knows how to use a snappi!!

I started using CDs because:1) I hate the stinky disposables 2) CDs are so cute 3) I love reading all the CD posts here LOL! I also enjoy washing/folding the CDs. It's very relaxing. The best of all, I'll never have to worry about running out of diapers.

Thanks everyone here for sharing great tips and experiences. You made the transition a piece of cake :)

Kate
    Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast