Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default MelissaTC cd's Matthew

Matthew has been wearing cloth diapers for 7 months. We started with a diaper service but after ordering covers from a WAHM, I decided to try AIO's which led me to fitteds...and I quit the service. I can do it myself, I thought. LOL. What was I thinking? :P

My little guy always had irritation from disposables. He would be covered in gel balls (depending on the brand)and then cry when I tried to clean them off of him. One day, I received a catalog in the mail from Ecobaby and fell in love with the cute diapers. I was familiar with cloth, having worked as a sub teacher in a day care that used cloth exclusively. I wanted to do it but DH was hesitant. After the episodes with the disposables, my mind was made up and I called the service. A month later, I cancelled and I have been buying cds ever since...

At the same time this was going on, Beth and some of the other ladies on here were switching over so it definitely was useful to come here and read what others were trying, etc.. and to know that I was not alone (or CRAZY!!!)...
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Rhonda36 Guest

Default RE: CD ROLL CALL: A LIST OF WHO CDs!!!!!!

Well, I don't CD just yet, but will whenever this little monkey decides to make his/her appearance. I started researching the option of CDing early in my pregnancy. DH must have thought it was another attack of the pregnancy hormones and just let me run with it -- and I think I've become slightly obsessed by it.

Main reason? I desperately want to stay home after the baby is born, and have gone through all kinds of budgets in order to find a way to make it happen. BFing and CDing just seem to make a whole lot of sense financially, and now I know for a whole bunch of other reasons too.

I did, begrudingly, buy one package of newborn pampers to use at first, until the meconium passes -- they smell horrible! I can't wait to wrap this baby's bum in the sinfully soft cloth dipes I've collected over the months.

Another reason? The "different" factor. I love seeing people's expressions when I tell them we are using CDs... even though they're all skeptical and don't think that we'll stick with it. My sister, who is somehow morally opposed to it (how can you be morally opposed to cloth?), went so far as to say "I hope they leak all over you and your house smells." I can't wait to see her face when she sees my adorable baby and his/her cushie bum...

Thanks for all the great info! I'll keep you posted on our CD "real life" journey (the teddy bear just isn't cutting it for me anymore...).

Rhonda
    due any second -- or May 10, 2003

celfsh Guest

Default RE: CD ROLL CALL: A LIST OF WHO CDs!!!!!!

Okay, I'm late to the party, but I thought I'd share my experience even though I have only been CDing for about 10 days or so :)! Like so many of you, I have to admit that never in a million years did I imagine myself CDing--and neither did DH. In fact, he is actually eating his words right now because whenever people used to ask him about what it was like to be a new dad changing diapers 24/7, he was always like, "Not TOO bad--at least we don't have to use cloth diapers like in the olden days." LOL!

Anyway, the reason I first started getting interested in CDing is simply because all you ladies made it sound like so much fun! I just had to see what all the fuss was about. Plus, DD kept having blow-outs EVERY time she pooped. I figured if I was going to be washing out poop every day, I might as well be using cloth and saving some money...right? :). Of course, I was pretty sure DH wouldn't go for the idea (we're talking MAJOR germophobe here), but then he surprised me by agreeing that we should give CDs a try. (I think I posted before about his mom thinking it was "weird" being a major selling point--LOL!)

Anyway, to make a long story (somewhat) short, we started out with a sampler package from naturalbabies and have been CDing pretty much full time since day one. I have to say that after switching to cloth, I don't think I will ever go back to disposables. I just love CDing and actually get excited about changing DD's diaper now! I like CDs better than disposables for a variety of reasons--more effective (not a single blow-out since we switched!), less wasteful, MUCH cuter, and, yes, different! Like Sara, I have to say that the look on people's faces when they find out you CD is simply priceless!

Thanks to all of my BBB friends who helped us make the switch! Now to convert everyone else...:)

celeste
    mom to olivia 9/25/02
    http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

smkinc is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default smkinc CD's

Hi All,

I've been CDing part time since my son came home on 3/6. I really wanted to use fuzzi bunz, but they just don't fit his fat little thighs very well! I'm now waiting for an order of kissaluv contours and plan to try a variety of wraps to figure out what I like best.

I actually CD'ed my niece 15 years ago when I babysat her for a summer. My sister had a service and it was pins and rubber ducky pants. I guess I'm relatively lucky in that both of my sisters CD'd with prefolds and plastic pants back in the dark ages, so I've had a fair amount of family support to CD.

I showed my mom my fuzzi bunz and a fitted kissaluvs--which she now refers to as my 'fancy' diapers!

I want to CD because it just seems better for his skin, my pocketbook and the environment. I actually am nauseated when I use pampers because of all of the scent, and feel guilty everytime I through a poopy diaper away because I feel as though I'm saving his poop for all posterity.

This is a great board for CD'ing. Thanks for all of your advice.

Mary
    Mommy to Jeremiah (born 2/4/03)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4