Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    mama2be Guest

Default CD ROLL CALL: A LIST OF WHO CDs!!!!!!

We all roughly know who CDs but I was curious as to an actual list of us. Feel free to mention for how long you've done it and even why...

mama2be Guest

Default Neve and Tristan

Just started a week ago and going well. Still getting use to the fact that the diapers are saturated when I remove the cover but we seem to be adjusting I don't know what I expected.

Doing this for a few reasons it's nice to know we aren't adding more stuff to the landfills, but I think keeping the gel from getting on his little skin is my major reason. It's also nice to calculate the cost we are possibly saving factored over more than one child. And they are so soft!!!! I smile as I change him!!!

I never ever would have considered doing this if it was not for Beth's mentioning of it and for some reason when Sparkeze gave her review I actually had a "light bulb" moment and considered it!!!

blnony Guest

Default RE: CD ROLL CALL: A LIST OF WHO CDs!!!!!!

I've been CDing for about 6-7 weeks now. At first, I thought everyone was crazy when they mentioned it. Because I thought of pins, folding and plastic smelly pants. But once I started reading posts and ordered a couple to try, I was sold. I would look at disposables and they looked so rough and paperlike. I also added up how much less the cost of CDing was, our waste is so much less and I like the fact that I don't have to worry about buying or running out of diapers. I just have to go to the laundry room if we are low. I love it. Its also been fun looking for cute and functional diapers and finding out what works for us. I love the experimentation. I know it costs a little more, but I like having the choices.
    I've found that I go through stages, where I like different kinds of diapers. I tried a prefold this weekend just to see what it was about, but my monkey child was just way to wiggly to use it right. But I like having to choice to try the new stuff. When you are home all day, its nice to have a little variety.
    I think Audrey has been more comfortable in cloth, and I'm happy not to have all the chemicals next to skin too. There are just a lot of reasons I switched and I'm really glad I did, and so is DH, he actually likes the cloth much better now too.

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default C99 CDs

I had always planned to CD and once Nathaniel was here and had lost his cord, I started CDing full-time. So he's been in cloth for about 10 weeks. My reasons for CDing were (1) my mom CD'd all 3 of her kids, (2) environmental concerns, (3) fear of gel-like crystals on his privates, (4) a delusion that CDing will ease potty-training, and (5) a bit of a desire to "be different."

My husband tends to use disposables when he can get away with it and we have them in the house. He will occasionally use AIOs, but he ONLY uses AIOs. I plan to still use disposables when traveling.

Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

nathansmom Guest

Default nathansmom cd's

Nathan and I have been CDing for about a month now. We are doing part time. Mainly because dad won't touch a poopy cd. The reason we switched is Nathan inherited mom's allergies to almost everything and the disposables were causing major rashes. The only diaper that didn't was Huggies which we are still using part time. Although the more I use the CD's the more my dh likes them. Hopefully soon we will be cding full time.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I started to switch to cloth diapers when Colin was about 5 months old. After ordering some samples, it has taken me a while to get close to full-time CD'ing, partially because the dipes I wanted were backordered, blah, blah, blah. We are about there now, but I haven't taught my mom and DH all the ins and outs of my stash, so we still use disposables on some days that I work (and mom or DH babysits). Although if DH is changing Colin (which he does often when we are both home), and he takes off a CD, he will ask for help putting on a clean CD.

I switched because we were getting a terrible fit with disposables (Colin is very long and skinny) and seeing lots of poopy leaks. I was sick of washing poop out of his clothes - heck, if I have to do that, why use a diaper?? We got the best fit from Huggies, but they reek of urine as soon as they get wet, and they leave those awful gel balls on Colin's skin. The landfill factor was certainly a consideration, although not the first reason I considered CDing. And now that I'm doing it, I find that it is a lot of fun and not a lot of additional work. Except for trying to get a fitted AND a cover on my wiggle worm - it's hard to diaper a baby as you are chasing him across the room!

I NEVER would have considered cloth diapering if it hadn't been for the moms on this board. It seemed like something that "crunchier" moms would do (picturing Dharma's on Dharma and Greg) - but I guess between still bf'ing, carrying Colin in a sling and now CD'ing, I'm turning into a crunchy mom!

Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

gravymommy3 Guest

I have been CDing since Friday, but only my little one. My DS is still refusing to have anything to do with CDs, training pants, big boy undies, etc. I wish I had done this with all three (but I guess the CDs five years ago were not as cool as these today.)

DH (who won't hardly change a sposie) will not even go near the CDs. He thinks I have lost my mind (and if you all told me two months ago I would be doing this, I would have agreed with him.)

I would like to say I am doing it to save money, but at the rate I am buying diapers, DD would have to wear them to college for me to realize a true savings. I guess some monetary savings, the environmental thing, convenience of not running of out diapes when DH is at work and having to drag three kids to the store, they are better for her hiney, etc is why I am doing this. I have to admit that I am having fun with it.

Thanks to all of you who have helped and thanks for converting me.

sparkeze Guest

I've been cd for about 7 months. I had been planning to use a diaper service while I was pregnant but once the baby came I was just so busy (and sleep deprived!) that I forgot about it. When I joined a playgroup all the other moms used prefolds and I started thinking about switching to cloth. Then I saw all the other options out there and started to get tempted! Once I just decided that it was do-able for me to wash our own even while using coin-op machines I went ahead and plunged in :)

Now I'm swimming in diapers and I am still on the prowl for more!

nohomama Guest

Default nohomama cds

Lola has been in cloth diapers since she was six days old. We started with a service (we recieved 3 monthes of service as a shower gift...NICE GIFT!!!) and continued until she was somewhere between five and six months old. After that, we began laundering Lola's diapers ourselves. Our reasons for cloth diapering are primarily environmental but more over because we've just always liked the idea of it.

Lola was in cloth diapers exclusively until about the same time we started laundering dipes ourselves. She's breastfed and when she was still waking fairly regularly at night it was never a big deal to change her diaper. When she started sleeping for longer stretches though, we began to have lots of leaks. Now we do use disposables at night, when we're traveling, and occassionaly when we're out and about. The majority of the time Lola's bum is wrapped in cloth though.

I didn't really begin using anything besides prefolds until Lola was around 12 months because we used a service at first and because I knew it was a slippery slope. I've managed to keep myself reigned in and we have a stash of CPFs, Kissaluv fiitted seconds, Kissaluv contour seconds, and various and sundry doublers. I have two Sugarpeas hemp fitteds on the way but considering Lola's age, that is likely to be my last diaper purchase until another kid comes along...unless I find a great deal on some seconds or used dipes I'm interested in trying.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default egoldber CDs

I've been CDing Sarah for about 6 months now (WOW! how did that happen?). I switched from disposables when she was 14 months. I had always been intrigued by CDing but it took me 14 months to work up the courage! I think it was KathyO and nohomama and the matter of fact/no big deal way they talked about CDing that gave me the nerve!

I switched because 1) I wanted to try it, 2) I think it is better for baby and the environment, and 3) to be a little different. I don't think of myself as "crunchy", but I guess I am a bit! I also have a faint hope that it will make potty training easier, whenever we get around to thinking about that! I must say that now I am into it, I really ENJOY cloth diapering. I never expected that!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast